downloading sites

jacktheoc
jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
edited October 2007 in The Crudcatcher
does anyone know of any good download sites, i have had limewire which fu**ed up my computer, had imesh which had hardly any results and kazaa which wasn't to bad does anyone know of anyothers which have plenty of results and does not give the pc viruses?
cheers for all replies

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Bitcomet they are illegal though. :?
  • Denny69
    Denny69 Posts: 206
    e-mule, torrent spy...... I use both with no problems
    Heaven kicked me out and Hell was too afraid I'd take over!!!

Fighting back since 1975!!

Happy riding

Denny
  • Mininova seems to be ok.
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    Do you want a downloading site (as in a website from which to download) or a downloading application (as in an application to use to download off the net)?

What do you want to download?
    joz333 wrote:
    Bitcomet they are illegal though. :?
    No, torrents are not illegal. Using them to break the law is, though.
  • jacktheoc
    i am wanting a downloading site, some one told me morpheus id goos does anyone know anything about it?
    i am just wanting to download music!
  • deanvw
    deanvw Posts: 412
    torrent's???

www.sideload.com is good 4 mp3's
  • deanvw
    deanvw Posts: 412
    i use torrrents and it's excellent and it's legal because you are choosing to download the music and you are not selling it.
  • L60N
    L60N Posts: 223
    Best app ---> uTorrent
    Best sites ---> Torrentspy.com - thepiratebay.org

Caveat - Somebody told me that though. :lol:
  • L60N wrote:
    Best app ---> uTorrent
    Best sites ---> Torrentspy.com - thepiratebay.org

Caveat - Somebody told me that though. :lol:

If you download uTorrent, and then set up portforwarding (guides can be found at portforward.com, specific to router brand and model), you can get really fast download speeds. You'll need to know your router's IP address and the username/password, and you'll need to setup a static IP address for your computer, if it doesn't already have one.

www.isohunt.com is a good source for torrent files, although there are hundreds of them. Just google "torrent".

At least that's what I've heard :roll:
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    ISOhunt and demonoid are a couple of good sites i use for torrents.
  • Gingersaurus
    Gingersaurus Posts: 466
    edited October 2007
    jayson wrote:
    ISOhunt and demonoid are a couple of good sites i use for torrents.

Wouldn't mind sending me an invitation code for demonoid would you?

EDIT: Don't worry, I've got one now.
  • jacktheoc
    cheers alot for all replies :!:
  • www.leecherslair.com - gotta join though
  • hastings
    hastings Posts: 206
    mp3000
  • jacktheoc
    does anyone know anything about morpheus :?:
  • guy from the matrix right?
  • jacktheoc
    :lol: , http://www.morpheus.com/ it seems to look ok just want some reviews!
  • PhatPig
    PhatPig Posts: 69
    Viruses are spread in the files you download, not the download program. You run the risk of virus infection with any and all P2P software
  • jacktheoc
    so basically limewire,imesh.... are all similar, i had kazaa for about 1year and it was fine and didnt make a difference on my computer i had limewire for about 3week and i got a virus which wouldnt let me open anything so i had to get the computer wiped :o ..
  • go for torrents, far more reliable although you're still gonna need decent antivirus, i use this, seems good so far
  • Morpheus is OK. I used to use it before I discovered torrents. I didn't have problems with viruses, but the thing I found frustrating was downloading single tracks. Torrents allow you to download whole albums in one go.
  • jacktheoc
    i have got good antivirus payed £50 for AVG anti-virus and spyware probably going to be ok with anysite!..
    sorry to sound stupid but what are torrents :oops: :roll:
  • the easiest way to descibe it would be like a link to a file on another persons computer which allows access to download it, it kind of does the same as limewire but with folders or files rather than just single files.

Download utorrent and install it, then visit www.torrentspy.com and have a look for something you want. Click it then click 'download' and you'll see how it works :lol:
  • jacktheoc
    :!: cheers alot for that :!: are the music good quality as on limewire you get a few which you download and the quality is cr*p?
  • probably same quality or better, thing is you don't get as many wrongly named files or badly disguised viruses (virii?). Anyway, I've always been more satisfied. As a test maybe download something fairly common like the chemical brother. And watch out for discographies, far better than single track dl's
  • jacktheoc
    going to download it now 8) 8)
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    jacktheoc wrote:
    i am wanting a downloading site, some one told me morpheus id goos does anyone know anything about it?
    i am just wanting to download music!

Morpheus is not a downloading site. Morpheus is a downloading application.
  • i use torrrents and it's excellent and it's legal because you are choosing to download the music and you are not selling it.

Downloading or copying copyrighted music is illegal.
    Restricted acts
    It is an offence to perform any of the following acts without the consent of the owner:

Copy the work.
    Rent, lend or issue copies of the work to the public.
    Perform, broadcast or show the work in public.
    Adapt the work.
    (http://copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright ... yright_law)

Downloading is copying, by the way.

Though the copyright people wont sue you for downloading (unless you download a LOT of music :D ), they do search for large copyrighted file sharers to sue. Last thing i heard, Limewire was being attacked by a multi million pound law suit. Thought you might want to know :)
  • jacktheoc
    :lol: hope i dont get caught :wink:
  • jacktheoc wrote:
    :lol: hope i dont get caught :wink:

As mistercrabb said, they have bigger fish to fry.........but you never know :wink: