derailer

bpb@wwr.co.uk
bpb@wwr.co.uk Posts: 154
edited October 2007 in MTB workshop & tech
under pressure my lowest gear slips. its an eight speed. and an xt mech. this is proving a real problem in 4x help me!!!.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    free body blown?

cogs worn? chain worn?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • no its pretty new i did bash it which bent the dropout but i straightend it out
  • nicklouse
    did you reset the mech stops?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • yes i think i have the chain shifts all the way through will my dmr chain guide interfere with it.
  • nicklouse
    nope why would it?
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    It just sounds like the low extent screw needs tweaking a bit, probably that it cant get onto that cog enough making it half jump up when pedalling?
  • that sound right i had a really close look and noticed the chain was not making contact with the bottom jocky wheel it only occasionally dose this what should i do to shift it about 1mm across. could my dropout be slightly bent still. thanks.
  • nicklouse
    replace drop out then, or straighten it. Even though you say you have. Or is it just a stiff link?
  • cheers i had another go at straighning the dropout out and it has solved the problem