My New Trek Remedy 6

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited October 2007 in MTB general
Just bought myself a 06 Trek Remedy 6
What do you think ?

Comments

• Trying to sell mine as I just got a Commencal Meta 5.5.2.........!

The Trek seemed a good bike though...great in Wales if a little burly on climbs...

Hope you enjoy it.

I changed the tires pretty quickly IIRC.....
  • Anonymous
    what kind of riding did you do on it?
  • lost-time
    lost-time Posts: 549
    joz333 wrote:
    what kind of riding did you do on it?

Not hard enough riding here in east kent to really appreciate the six inches of bounce apart from a few bits in the Downs. (Aggresive XC)

I took it Wales (Afan) in April and it was superbly plush...I wasn't at my fittest back then and I did struggle a little on the climbs.

I even did a little 'practice' 'shore work on it and it was fine on that too.

It has potential!

I upped the size of the rotors to 185's....
  • Anonymous
    Do you think it could handle some of the stuff at chicksands (jumps, small drops,4X)? Its not meant for it but it feels like it could survive?
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    drops it will be fine, jumps not so much but can still be done but 4x it wont be very good!
    its a strong bike so should be able to take a beating
  • Anonymous
    why won't it be good at 4X, because of the 6 inches of travel?
  • jacktheoc
    yep to much bounce when you are trying to pedal hard, does it have lockout? and is it a heavy bike?
  • Anonymous
    Not too heavy (i think, my last bike was really heavy) but no lockout i might try pumping up the shock to be harder.
  • jacktheoc
    could pump them both up higher but i wouldnt pump it really hard and go on a 4x track you might blow the fork!