Bargains

UncleFred
UncleFred Posts: 227
edited October 2007 in Workshop
With the pound the way it is at the moment there's some bargain to be had in the US, reckon with the shipping they would still come in cheaper, not sure about the warranties though.

Found this on the jensonusa.com site and no it don't work for them although I wish I was paid in Sterling and not dollars.....

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/ ... it+06.aspx

[/img]

Comments

• maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    mrs maddog brough a Spesh MTB back from the states. Saved nearly £400 all in. Spesh said the warranty was fully transferable.

The main issue is the duty/VAT. She brought it back in person and didn't have a problem.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    maddog 2 wrote:
    The main issue is the duty/VAT.

Have to echo that. I recently bought a £100 item from the US and had to pay £38 charges. It's not just the duty and VAT - there's also a "handling charge" which seems quite arbirtary and bloody steep.

a serious case of small cogs
  • Forget the States. For cheap affordable winter gear visit your local Aldi Store. They have stocks of long sleeved riding shirts wind and rain resistant tops and leggings waterproof over trousers and high viz jackets. A set of the above comes at just over £50, a bargain for all those who are not worried about names! Sizes, small, medium, large and XL. They also have lights and overshoe and hat packs. All very much worth a visit.

Go search & Good Luck

No, I am not employed by Aldi. I am just an impoverished pensioner who has discovered an old racing bike in the shed and now have time to ride. But ain't gear got expensive?
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    agrenard wrote:
    Forget the States. For cheap affordable winter gear visit your local Aldi Store. They have stocks of long sleeved riding shirts wind and rain resistant tops and leggings waterproof over trousers and high viz jackets. A set of the above comes at just over £50, a bargain for all those who are not worried about names! Sizes, small, medium, large and XL. They also have lights and overshoe and hat packs. All very much worth a visit.

Go search & Good Luck

No, I am not employed by Aldi. I am just an impoverished pensioner who has discovered an old racing bike in the shed and now have time to ride. But ain't gear got expensive?

It's all good.................if they actually have any of the stuff in the right sizes left an hour after putting them on sale.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • aracer
    aracer Posts: 1,649
    maddog 2 wrote:
    The main issue is the duty/VAT. She brought it back in person and didn't have a problem.
    You mean she smuggled it?