horrible tasting hydration pack

Georgeb
Georgeb Posts: 315
edited September 2007 in MTB general
I got a camelbak mule hydration pack a while ago and when i took it for the first ride i thought it was great, but it didnt taste very nice. When i got it home i rinsed it and on the second ride it didnt ttaste any better.
So i washed it out with asda's version of milton fluid, but yet again still doesn't taste very nice.
What is the problem? How can i fix it?
Thanks

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited September 2007
    I believe you can get special camelbak cleaning tablets that is meant to stop the bad taste i don't know if they work?
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    Just use some Milton sterilising tablets - the stuff for sterilising baby bottles. Works great and is quite cheap.
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • Neily03
    Neily03 Posts: 295
    I use tesco's sterilising tablets,still make the water tastes like plastic though.... :roll: :evil:
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    Neily03 wrote:
    I use tesco's sterilising tablets,still make the water tastes like plastic though.... :roll: :evil:

I've used the Milton ones a few times now and, as long as you flush through, there seems to be no taste. The blurb on the Milton pack actual says that there is no after taste and no need to rinse before use.... seems OK to me.
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • Paul Sh
    Paul Sh Posts: 607
    As above, milton, better still, go to morisons and get something called Trust it's exactly the same as milton and only 64p, works a treat.
  • brasso
    brasso Posts: 203
    I use the boots tablets and there fine. Drop of barley water helps take the taste away.
    '08 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    '04 Allez Sport

When we wake up in the morning, we have two simple choices. Go back to sleep and dream, or RIDE.

The choice is yours...