Mens u23 Worlds *SPOILER*

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited September 2007 in Pro race
Well well.

1 Peter Velits (Slovakia)
2 Wesley Sulzberger (Australia)
3 Jonathan Bellis (GB)

I'm a bit disappointed in the course - Big old sprint at the end which I wasn't expecting. Mind you, the riders make the race and remember how hard the Madrid course turned out to be when the Elite race was there.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    The one thing I'll remember more than anything about this race is the Tunisian rider observing Ramadan who couldn't eat or dring between sunrise and sundown, yet still raced. I'll never whine when I run out of calories on a ride ever again.
  • leguape
    leguape Posts: 986
    Rafai Tchiouti? That boy's got some talent and balls, I'm pretty sure he was still up there going into the last lap as well. Although I have it in my head that they are allowed to break fast with a dispensation for something such as this. From what he was saying beforehand I think it was more his training and preparation that had been affected.

Great result for Bellis, especially as he wouldn't have even started if the UCI been left to it.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited September 2007
    leguape wrote:
    Rafai Tchiouti? That boy's got some talent and balls, I'm pretty sure he was still up there going into the last lap as well. Although I have it in my head that they are allowed to break fast with a dispensation for something such as this. From what he was saying beforehand I think it was more his training and preparation that had been affected.

Great result for Bellis, especially as he wouldn't have even started if the UCI been left to it.

Why's that then?
    Has iainf72 not been keeping us up to speed!!!!!! :wink:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Why's that then?
    Has iainf72 not been keeping us up to scratch!!!!!! :wink:

hehe

No, those halfwits at the UCI thought the GB guys had only done races which would get them 1 place, rather than the 3 they should've had after their season.

Is there something in the air at the Isle of Mann?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    See,
    I knew you'd know. :lol: