Wiggle

spasypaddy
spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
edited October 2007 in The bottom bracket
Very very impressive, ordered some overshoes and a jacket yesterday didnt expect delivery till monday and it got delivered this morning! This was the first time id ordered off them but would do it again in a flash!

Jacket was a Gill Freedom Jacket and its brilliant!
Got some of the endura overshoes that are so highly rated on here.

Now all i need is some rain!

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    spasypaddy wrote:
    Very very impressive, ordered some overshoes and a jacket yesterday didnt expect delivery till monday and it got delivered this morning! This was the first time id ordered off them but would do it again in a flash!

Jacket was a Gill Freedom Jacket and its brilliant!
    Got some of the endura overshoes that are so highly rated on here.

I ordered one of those jackets, and some winter gloves on Tuesday, still haven't got them yet. Wiggle are only as quick as you've found half the time, the other time they are a few days off. Did you pay for priority dispatch though?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • spasypaddy
    Did you pay for priority dispatch though?
    yeah i did cos it was pissing it down when i ordered and i need it incase it rains when im out tomorrow or commuting on monday so couldnt wait. Still very impressive considering i never got an email saying the items had been despatched

the jacket is brilliant, very impressed with it. Feels like it could be warm in there though!
  • redddraggon
    Half of the time, If I order the stuff in the morning and don't pay for priority dispatch, I still get it the next day. I'm a bit miffed my gloves and jackets I ordered on Tuesday haven't come yet, I put in another smaller order yesterday and I got it today.

I got the gill morph jacket, rather than the freedom.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Just wait till you get a call from your bank manager asking if you've been to Sri Lanka recently as there has been some unusually large sums debited from your card.
  • spasypaddy
    Just wait till you get a call from your bank manager asking if you've been to Sri Lanka recently as there has been some unusually large sums debited from your card.
    haha no im being strict this month i am not buying anything else!
  • I had to return a conti tyre that had split and was within its 1yr guarantee. I posted it back on tuesday and got the return today (saturday). Was very impressed. I've read on another forum that people have had credit card probs but I've used them loads without incident plus if you're bothered they offer paypal now too. Prices dont seem as good as they were though..
  • AMcD
    AMcD Posts: 236
    I ordered an exposure light for hubby and received it the next day (well in time for his 1st anniversary present, he was so chuffed) but am still waiting for my winter gloves and jacket that I was hoping to wear tomorrow :( (ordered and supposedly dispatched last Saturday).

I find that Wiggle are inconsistent - either very, very quick or quite slow (and always seem to be slow when the goods are for me rather than hubby :x )
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Chain Reaction are pretty fast, as well as parker, and that's using normal post.....

Ordered a BB late on Thurs night, arrived at my doorstep Sat Morning - immediately fitted to the commuter ready for Monday....
  • spasypaddy wrote:
    Plenty here, want me to priority despatch some to you?
    Even if the voices aren't real, they have some very good ideas.
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    AMcD wrote:
    I ordered an exposure light for hubby and received it the next day (well in time for his 1st anniversary present, he was so chuffed) but am still waiting for my winter gloves and jacket that I was hoping to wear tomorrow :( (ordered and supposedly dispatched last Saturday).

I find that Wiggle are inconsistent - either very, very quick or quite slow (and always seem to be slow when the goods are for me rather than hubby :x )

:D
    yes! another girl on the forum
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    I have never had problems with Wiggle, and have used them since they were a small LBS in Southsea. However their Courier is awful.

Last time, the card left had the wrong number, they redelivered twice when asked not to, (so I ended up making two wasted 10 mile detours to their depot) and eventually managed to collect a week after the first delivery underthe threat of it being returned because I hadn't collected it!

The irony being that I pass Wiggle every day, but as I cannot collect from them have to detour 10 miles to pick up anything they send to me!

Hence I won't use Wiggle due to their choice of delivery company.
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Their use of Shitty Link has resulted in me having to have everything delivered to my work. Which is fine. But I have had to ask for the tracking number a few times to find out where the stuff is, this isn't Wiggles fault but with SL's Dundee and Dunfermline Depots moving to Glenrothes (which it is impossible for me to get to during their opening times) the off chance of an attempted delivery at the office when no one is around means I may just have to abandon all companies using SL's service.

Though I also heard that SL lost a fair whack of business recently around 20%.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • PostieJohn
    PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
    Say what you like about the good old postie, but you can at least say, for the moment, the nearest depot is likely to be a with 5-10 mile radius.
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    popette wrote:
    AMcD wrote:

Reminds me, what happened to Jonesy again?
    She's done another runner....

Also you're forgetting Ruth and a few others....
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • nwallace wrote:
    good, they deserve to the tossers.
    It's their job to deliver stuff, so they should take responsibility for making sure it gets delivered. Not just put it in a van and drive round aimlessly having abjectly failed to deliver it and then take it to a warehouse 15 miles away. It shouldn't EVER be the recipient's responsibility to track down where their inept morons have taken it, which with initial shitty link, it always is.
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    nwallace wrote:
    good, they deserve to the tossers.
    It's their job to deliver stuff, so they should take responsibility for making sure it gets delivered. Not just put it in a van and drive round aimlessly having abjectly failed to deliver it and then take it to a warehouse 15 miles away. It shouldn't EVER be the recipient's responsibility to track down where their inept morons have taken it, which with initial shitty link, it always is.

15 miles? that's nothing it's currently an 80 mile round trip when a 15 mile one would do if they just took the stuff to the now doomed Dundee depot.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • pjm-84
    pjm-84 Posts: 819
    Chain Reaction are pretty fast

Yep but wait until you have a problem! Customer service is non existent.

I had an silly issue with them and they pointed me to their terms and conditions after the 5 or 6th email correspondence.

It was an issue caused by them sending out the wrong items to me and even though it was their error, returning the bulky goods would have left me out of pocket. So for the £16 I kept the items and cancelled my back order. I asked and finally received confirmation of this in writing and ordered it elsewhere only to find the item on my desk a week later. Another argument pursued and in the end I sent the item back on the promise of full recorded delivery postage and a £5 refund, WHICH WAS OFFERED, as I didn't want the £5 gift voucher originally tabled. Surprise, surprise then to receive the £5 gift voucher and as of yet no response to my latest email.

[/quote]
    Paul
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    nolf wrote:
    popette wrote:
    AMcD wrote:

Reminds me, what happened to Jonesy again?
    She's done another runner....

Also you're forgetting Ruth and a few others....

I reckon Jonesy is having a fantastic time at uni and is far too busy having loads of fun to be writing on here. I'm sure she'll be back though.The other girls that I know of are Ruth, purplemad, Blonde and uncivilservant. Not too many but perhaps there are other lurkers.
    right, off to bed. 50 miles in my legs from this morning. Too much wine from this evening. x
  • mea00csf
    mea00csf Posts: 558
    Hey, i'm another girly here too

Agree totally with the comments about City Link, i had a terrible ordeal with them recently. I live above a shop and it's impossible to get to the front door of the flat, all other couriers and the postie leave parcels and post with the newsagent downstairs no problems, particularly as the people who own the newsagents are my landlords. City Link however seemed to be unable to find the shop, despite me ringing their depot to explain exactly where the shop was 6 times!! and then they told me it was closed down and they'd shoved a card through the shutters. Followed by arguments by me " the shop is not closed down, my landlords own it, i live above it, i go past it every day....." they still kept telling me the delivery address was a closed down shop and they couldn't deliver. Incredibly frustrating experience.

The box was also absolutely battered by the time i got it, which i wasn't impressed with, one corner completely bashed in. There wasn't anything delicate in there, but how did they know that?
  • Another girl here. I mainly post in Commuting. There don't seem to be many of us over there.

I was all set to order some panniers from Wiggle only to find they are out of stock til late November :evil: I had my £5 voucher code ready and everything...
  • Well no problems here!

Ordered:

Winter jacket.
    Some bib tights.
    3 Jerseys.
    Socks.
    A few other bits and pieces.

All because it's getting cold in the mornings.

Ordered Friday morning, socks arrived Saturday, the rest early this morning. Can't fault either Wiggle or the delivery co.

Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~H.G. Wells

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x42/ ... 3Small.jpg
  • redddraggon
    I ordered stuff a week ago and it still hasn't arrived yet. Ordered stuff on Friday and it came on saturday, bloody inconsistent.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • beckenham
    beckenham Posts: 242
    I brought my bike (Cayo Expert :D ) and some other bits and pieces off Wiggle without any problems. I did have some trouble getting replies to emails once I had ordered the bike but other than that no probs.

The delivery company were good as well. I went out down to the pub for lunch on the day it was due to arrive and got them to give me a call when the driver was getting close. All worked a treat. I guess it just down to the driver you get and being available to take delivery. If I'm not going to be at home I get the stuff sent to my work address. Obviously this is fine if it's just a shirt or something but if it's anything bigger that could be a problem. Trying to get on the tube with a turbo trainer during the rush hour wouldn't be too much fun I imagine.
    Beer, the reason my ambitions have not become my achievements
  • problem with wiggle is they charge for priority despatch, but with CRC you can order in the afternoon and have it the next morning for free anyway. I ordered something on thursday and then had to cancel and order it again because it had defaulted to priority despatch, and I still haven't got it. So with wiggle you're paying for what you get free with crc. And CRC have a phone number.