weekend in london

meaculpa
meaculpa Posts: 11
edited October 2007 in MTB buying advice
hello.
i have been trying to search up some threads about bike shops in london,but with out any luck it maybe that i am a bad thread searcher but anyway.... i am going to london for a weekend and i was wondering if any of you know some good bikeshops there?
i am buying my first dirt/street bike.
if some of you have any good suggestions about bikes that maybe suit a newb trying to make a good buy in this jungel of bike brands i have never heard of i am also thankful for that.

i know my english isn`t great but iam working on it.

Comments

• when you say london where do you mean... as in - the center... it's a fairly big place you know... and there are LOTS of bike shops... it is the capital after all.

I know there;s a number of Evans cycles in and around the city, one jsut off london bridge, another over the road from forbidden planet in soho (comic shop)...

I dunno about independants though... you may have to go further afield for those as I'd imagine the rent for shop space would be limiting for independants... :S
    get on your bikes and ride!
  • Theres on your bike down near london bridge station, theres two evans shops down waterloo, ones on waterloo cut and the other waterloo road. Buts there going to be loads in and around london, its a big place.
  • that`s quick=)=)
    yes i mean london as in the center.well thanks=)
  • Cycle Surgery in Holborn

Evans Cyles on High Holborn (not Soho) actually WC1

Evans Cycles on Rathbone Place off Oxford St Tottenham Court Rd end

Evans Cycles in Selfridges
  • Splasher
    Splasher Posts: 1,528
    Condor cycles on Grays Inn Road

Evans opposite Waterloo and round the corner on the Cut
    "Internet Forums - an amazing world where outright falsehoods become cyber-facts with a few witty key taps and a carefully placed emoticon."
  • I haven't a clue about bike shops in London, haven't been there since I was twelve, but...
    meaculpa wrote:
    ...there are plenty of native speakers who have a worse command of English than you!
    What's your first language, meaculpa?
    Even if the voices aren't real, they have some very good ideas.
  • Shadowduck wrote:
    I haven't a clue about bike shops in London, haven't been there since I was twelve, but...
    meaculpa wrote:
    ...there are plenty of native speakers who have a worse command of English than you!
    What's your first language, meaculpa?

people are really helpful here=) thanks=)
    my first language is norwegian. how?
  • i think i am going to pay cyclesurgery a visit when i am going to london, they sell both orange and spezialized, anyone who has a opinion about either? (mainly: spezialized p2 orange hitmann25 or if i can afford orange MII 07)
  • meaculpa wrote:
    my first language is norwegian.
    I was asking purely out of curiosity, meaculpa. I struggled along in Germany for several years with a less than perfect grasp of the language, so I tend to empathise with people who are in the process of learning to get by in English! It's not easy.
  • well,when that is sead i am 21 and have been thought english since first grade.
    but i somthimes struggle with how the words are writen.
    but people under stand me, or that`s what i am hoping.

are this message kind of pm messages or?hehe
  • meaculpa wrote:
    but people under stand me, or that`s what i am hoping.
    That's what it's all about, and you're doing a pretty good job. Keep practising and posting on here, you'll soon have it perfect.
    meaculpa wrote:
    are this message kind of pm messages or?hehe
    Meh - why bother with PM when you can just hijack a thread? :mrgreen:

Sorry everyone... I'll let you get back to talking about buying an MTB in London! :wink:
  • i don`t think anyone else bothers, so we can use this as or personal little PM.hehe :lol: but do you have any opinions about the bikes i listed earlyer?
  • meaculpa wrote:
    i think i am going to pay cyclesurgery a visit when i am going to london, they sell both orange and spezialized, anyone who has a opinion about either? (mainly: spezialized p2 orange hitmann25 or if i can afford orange MII 07)

I'd check the web before visiting as cyclesurgery are expensive (compared to evans).

As for best shop evans in Waterloo road/cut have the best selection of bikes (in store) - but again i'd check before visiting
  • oki,but i have checked evens webpage and thay dident really have that much, but as you say, they may have more in store.
  • meaculpa wrote:
    *snip* ... do you have any opinions about the bikes i listed earlyer?
    Sorry, not a clue! Not ridden any of them. I just ride what I've got and I don't take too much notice of the latest gear...

If nobody on here can tell you about them, maybe it's worth searching for reviews?
  • hehe.... i might just do that then :lol:
  • Most of the bike shops in London are either Evans or Cyclesurgery.

If you want to see as many bikes as possible,I`d go to Spitalfields (near Liverpool st tube.)

There is a big Evans store,a Cycle surgery opposite,and another Cycle surgery which has hgher end ,juststuff around the corner.

On your bike,in Tooley St,near London Bridge station,is a big shop,and has a lot of bikes.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • oki,thanks.
    liverpol isn`t that a bit far from london? couse we have bit tight schedual;couse i`m only getting about 24 houres in london. not a hole weekend as i hoped.
  • Liverpool is, indeed,a bit far from London.

Liverpool Street Tube Station,however, is in London.
  • so the plases i should look for is near by liverpool street tube station?? :lol: you can imagine tha i feel smart :oops: hehe
  • meaculpa wrote:
    so the plases i should look for is near by liverpool street tube station?? :lol: you can imagine tha i feel smart :oops: hehe

Have a look here for store locations.Either way its 5 minutes walk from Liverpool Street station.

:http://www.cyclesurgery.com/article/mcs/art/11/v/ebdbd849-6f94-418b-b20a-cb99a471a5a6

and....

http://www.evanscycles.com/stores.jsp;jsessionid=FC0E6381BCBB31A7202F644252935690.tc6#store_100
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo