A new bike....

ginger J
ginger J Posts: 68
edited September 2007 in Workshop
Hi guys
After an incident involving me, a car, flying through air and tarmac i now have a wrecked bike. So am thinking about the new 2008 Trek 5.2 Madone......
Any thoughts or opinions would be much appreciated.

I'm replacing a 2005 OCLV Trek 5000

Cheers
J

Comments

• Trek OCLV; the original and still the best. Might not be super hip with the bike snobs who post here, but I can find no evidence to refute that statement.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,103
    pliptrot - can you post without reference to the chip on your shoulder about "the bike snobs on here"? :roll:
  • probably not - those who know the price of everything and the value of nothing deserve such a moniker. I think you know very well to what sort of attitude I am referring. You don't know me and you've no idea why I think that, so how about you show some restraint, too.
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    I have a 2000 5000 OCLV frame which is a very good bike to ride. I have tested a 2008 Madone on a 65 mile ride and it is in a different class. The handling is as good if not better but the bike is stiffer when you jump on the pedals but more comfortable on poor roads. It may not 'make history' but it is a better bike and cheaper in real terms as the 5200 sold for £2000 in 2001. My order went in the same day.
    Andy. I think Mr Pliptrot just likes his own voice.
  • John Tiffany,

I thought my post was sufficiently concise to make a recommendation for Trek. It was less than half as long as your post, and wasn't a eulogy about my bike buying experience, as yours, which I read with great interest.
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    Mr P. My post gave my opinion of the new Trek and also where I was coming from for that opinion. This was what Ginger J asked for. Your post gave no information of any value. Have you tried the Madone. If not you can not comment. If you have them be constructive or don't bother.
  • Actually, if you had read my post you'd know I said OCLV was the best. I have a Madone. I just don't choose to shout it out. Unlike some. If a statement "..the best..." is not sufficiently unequivocal for you, may I suggest you take a reading course? Or perhaps try and be a little less of an arse?