Hello !!

Gazzareth
Gazzareth Posts: 17
edited September 2007 in MTB beginners
I have been "lurking" around the forum for a while and thought it was time to say "Hello". I have read my "story" a few times on here from other people saying Hi......

I'm 36 and just getting back into MTB'ing after a break of a good few years. Really enjoying the excercise, although most of what I am doing is cycle track (NCN75) / road based. Get off road when I can, although I am new to the area so I am still hunting for good off road areas.

I am still using my first mountain bike a 1991 DiamondBack Ascent - no girlie stuff like suspension or good brakes, and just to add personality the bottom bracket is technically "badgered" so you could hear me coming a mile off. Hopefully, it will survive until Christmas when I will probably replace the whole thing !! Ironically I purchased a trailer for the little monkey, so when I am riding my bike worh 27p I am sometimes pulling a trailer worth £100, although it serves to keep the missus quiet if I take the little'un out and is good excercise - especially uphill !!!

Anyway that's me so, HELLO ALL !!

Cheers,

G

PS: If anyone has any suggestions about decent tracks within cycling range of Armadale / Bathgate - it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Panter
    Panter Posts: 299
    PS: If anyone has any suggestions about decent tracks within cycling range of Armadale / Bathgate - it would be much appreciated.

Sorry, can't help with the tracks, but welcome to the forum 8)

Cheers

Chris :)
    Racing snakes. It's not big, and it's not clever ;)
  • DiamondBack accent.....Aw, brings back memories...It was my first proper frame I got after my Raleigh Marauder...Started off rigid, then got a flex stem and then eventually some Manitou elastomer forks from Bromley Bike shop where Dave (Pee Wee) Hemming was visiting....Oh those were the days... Yes, that was around 91/92 I got the frame...94/95 for the forks I think...

Anyway, Hullo and welcome...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    hello :D
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    howdy