Avid Jucicy 5 compatability?

BloodMonkey
BloodMonkey Posts: 130
edited September 2007 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi

I am hoping to buy a pair of Avid Juicy 5's but im not shure what rotor widths my "Identiti Dr Jekyll" frame and "Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 2" forks wile able to take?

Also if my bike can take them which rotor width will be best for 4X / Dirt Jump

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the forks and frame will take what ever you want to put on.

but i would go 185mm front and 160mm rear. ( or 185mm at both ends).
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Thanks alot....Il keep that in mind.

But im running 160mm rotors at the moment, so would i have to buy any extra converters or anything else?
  • nicklouse
    new disc and adaptor.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • nicklouse wrote:
    new disc and adaptor.

I know i need new discs, but I think you get those when you buy the calipers.

But what do you mean by an adapter?
  • nicklouse
    Err what? have you got the brakes now? or are you getting new?
  • nicklouse wrote:
    Err what? have you got the brakes now? or are you getting new?

Im geting compleatly new ones because my old rotors bent and my calipers broke in a crash....
  • nicklouse
    well just order what you want. is the fork 20mm? then you will need the 20mm front bracket if available in the size you go for or you use the 5mm spacers that came with the fork.

but you do not say what year the fork is. so the above is for the 20mm IS forks. if post mount then you will need the relavent adaptor for the disc size you go for.
  • nicklouse wrote:
    well just order what you want. is the fork 20mm? then you will need the 20mm front bracket if available in the size you go for or you use the 5mm spacers that came with the fork.

but you do not say what year the fork is. so the above is for the 20mm IS forks. if post mount then you will need the relavent adaptor for the disc size you go for.

My fork is the 06 Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 2 with 20mm axle
  • nicklouse
    so dirt brown and IS mounts. so IS adaptor with the two 5mm spacers.
  • ok thanks, I have the spacers on my wheel from my old disks alreadly, so i just need to buy the 2007 Juicy 5's that have the IS mounts.
  • nicklouse
    well all %'s are post mount so the caliper and lever assy with discs and adaptors to suit.