TwoWheelsGood Sunday ride, Crouch End – Essex

jonathan r
jonathan r Posts: 88
I was asked to post the route, that I took the soon to be members of TwoWheelsGood cc on a few Sundays past. It started from Crouch end, North London, and where possible riding the back roads to Chipping Ongar, Moreton, Toot Hill, Epping for a stop and back to north London. In fact I recommend it to all, as a great Sunday ride. When we did it, there were roads with not a car in site. Also there are equal measures of flat and lumpy sections.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1331025

Comments

• Can vouch for the quiet roads round there - some great riding to be had.

Jonathan what sort of times do 2Wheels take for that kind of route and how many of you go out?
    Still breathing.....
  • It can depend on who turns up for the ride and how long we stop for tea and cake.

We did that ride in about 3:30 hours total, which is about an average time for rides.

Rider numbers range from 14 to 8.
  • Thx for that - do you stop at the tea hut at HB usually? I often see quite large groups of riders up there on a Sunday morning.
    Still breathing.....
  • No. If we pass through Epping, we stop at one of the places in the local high street.
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    Not a bad route, very similar to my training route from central London - only difference with mine is that I go from Muswell Hill across to Tottenham, then up past Edmonton and towards Chingford. From there on to Sewardstone Road, up Lippits Hill and into the High Beech area. Then the quiet roads through the Forest to Wake Arms roundabout. From that point I do the same loop as you.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • phil s, I like the route from Sewardstone road to High Beech via Lippits Hill.

Lippits hill although short, is steep enough to require a good effort, also nice roads.
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    There's also the one next to Lippits which is a bit longer, can't remember what it's called tho
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • That'll be Church St which goes off to the left of Lippitts and has a 14% gradient at it's steepest
    Still breathing.....
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I live in the Lavers, close to Moreton and Matching and it is nice to be around here. Sounds like a good route you chaps took.