Grippy pedals!

Norco_Hucker
Norco_Hucker Posts: 170
edited September 2007 in MTB buying advice
I need some very grippy pedals, for dh, fr, like roots, rocks in the wet/ dry. I was gonna get some Wellgo B54's, my mate has got them and they're BRILLIANT........... BUT........... they've been discontinued on CRC :(

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what shoes do you have?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Some nice grippy (well not with sh*tty v8's anyway) Nikes :lol: Size UK 9 if that makes any difference?
  • nicklouse
    gusset incas. pump a bit more grease in and sorted.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Ok thanks, I'll have a look!
  • nicklouse
    you might want to watch out as they can do this.

img1609uc0.th.jpg

27 stitches.
  • Yeah, I've had my fair shair of shin digs, but nothing THAT bad :shock:
  • I am thinking of changing pedals as well to cage type but that injury has made me think twice :oops: my boardman comp has something like these fitted http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=5198 but with 10 pins instead of 8 as on these. Should I be looking at more grippy shoes ?(usualy ride in karrimor's) and do cage type pedals give a lot more grip over what I have ???

Laters

P.S sorry to highjack the thread :oops:
  • nicklouse
    FENNER wrote:
    I am thinking of changing pedals as well to cage type but that injury has made me think twice :oops: my boardman comp has something like these fitted http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=5198 but with 10 pins instead of 8 as on these. Should I be looking at more grippy shoes ?(usualy ride in karrimor's) and do cage type pedals give a lot more grip over what I have ???

Laters

P.S sorry to highjack the thread :oops:

dont let it put you off as that was done during practice for the first Swedish DH race of this season. not just cycling about.
  • Scubar
    Scubar Posts: 453
    Nice Shin Dig LOL. Ive got Truvative Hollzfeller pedals and they are really grippy too

My Marin Hawkhill 2007 - http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1382583/
  • nicklouse
    not shin! Calf. :roll:
  • dont let it put you off as that was done during practice for the first Swedish DH race of this season. not just cycling about.[/quote]

But will I gain a lot more grip with cage type pedals ??

Laters
  • nicklouse
    well what do you have now?
  • nicklouse wrote:
    well what do you have now?

As said in previous post I have some thing like these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=5198 mine have a few more pins but think that they the same apart from that ?

Laters
  • nicklouse
    and i asked what do you have. not what looks similar.

that wellgo would be a good grippy pedal.
  • nicklouse wrote:
    and i asked what do you have. not what looks similar.

Sorry m8 you obviously thought that I was having a pop :roll: (I wasnt !) New to all this ! will just buy some cage type and try them.

Laters