This place used to be cool

plusgourmande
plusgourmande Posts: 307
edited September 2007 in The bottom bracket
now it sucks.

Comments

• Oooooh, not seen one of these threads for a while... Thought they'd all given up.

As this forum no longer meets your obviously high standards of wit and repartee, may I suggest you take your custom elsewhere?
    Even if the voices aren't real, they have some very good ideas.
  • now it sucks.

Bugger off then and find somewhere cool.

My Bikes:

Road
    Dirt
    Fast
  • Do you think cyclekak members are paid to come on here and whinge?
  • good luck guys!
  • girofan
    girofan Posts: 137
    :? I haven't any knowledge of how the forum was previously, but it seems there is a lot of criticism from the Cycling Plus regulars.
    Ten thousand people can't all be wrong!
    What seems to be the problem? Can someone enlighten me! :roll:
    I say what I like and I like what I say!
  • This website rocks. I set my shortcut to the home page and there are always new and interesting articles or information about various bikes or products. I personally find Cyclechat quite dull. Have managed 6 posts on there so far since the demise of C+.
    Lost my C+ post count, but have almost reached a century here.
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    "What seems to be the problem? Can someone enlighten me?"

It's different.
    They didn't vote for it.
    They weren't consulted.
    Sometime back in their childhoods, they had a similar disappointment.
    They like whinging.
    A good old moan does wonders.
    It is easier to say no than to come up with alternatives.
    Life sucks, and then you die.
    Our mothers give birth to us astride the grave. (That was Sartre, I think.)

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• Its great being new you just don't know what its all about - and maybe don't care.
  • now it sucks.

your post count suggests that you rarely came here any way so you won't miss the place too much.
  • now it sucks.

so why bother posting that? What do you expect to achieve other than appearing a bit of a t*t to the those of who carry on using the forum. :roll:
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    now it sucks.
    So, how would you improve it? Criticism's all very well, but if you've got nothing positive to contribute don't bother posting!
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    pneumatic wrote:
    Our mothers give birth to us astride the grave. (That was Sartre, I think.)
    Samuel Beckett in Waiting for Godot I believe. :wink:
  • It was like the Kings Road, 1967.
    Now it's like the Kings Road, 2007.
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    He said 'constructive' not 'cryptic'.

If it's so dire, what's drawing you back?
  • I just really love the articles on here. I thought my iron levels were fine, but oh f**k i think i may be deficient.

And i've always thought that breakfast cereals contained lots of sugar - now i know for sure!

Thanks, bikeradar!!
  • If you were a regular on C+ plus then you would know that this subject really belongs in Soapbox!

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • I just really love the articles on here. I thought my iron levels were fine, but oh f**k i think i may be deficient.

And i've always thought that breakfast cereals contained lots of sugar - now i know for sure!

Thanks, bikeradar!!

Oh shut up ya tart.
  • ok i'll shut up.
  • ok i'll shut up.

For someone who's leaving, you still appear to be hanging around like a bad smell.

Close the door on your way out. grinning-smiley-036.gif

My Bikes:

Road
    Dirt
    Fast
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    hey Hotblack, where'd you get that cool smiley :?:

I was originally on the C+ forum... does that mean I have to turn into a miserable git as well? :cry:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    McBain_v1 wrote:

I was originally on the C+ forum... does that mean I have to turn into a miserable git as well? :cry:
    I asked Hotblack that a while back, but he's keeping it to him/herself. I suspect that he's downloading them from a 'smiley' site (there's loads of them), customising them, putting them on another hosting site and posting them as an image. Simple, but clever!
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • McBain_v1 wrote:
    hey Hotblack,

no, you can stay. You just have to mention Cyclecak in every post, have the link in your signature and have the website logo as your avatar.

:lol:
  • definately leaving now. last post. goodbye.

ciao.
  • One of the other forums I frequent has a rule whereby anybody who announces they're leaving has their account deleted immediately. I assume the idea is to prevent this kind of thing... :roll:
    Even if the voices aren't real, they have some very good ideas.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    definately leaving now. last post. goodbye.

ciao.

It's definitely not definately.

Have you definitely gone now?
  • Crapaud wrote:
    McBain_v1 wrote:

I asked Hotblack that a while back, but he's keeping it to him/herself. I suspect that he's downloading them from a 'smiley' site (there's loads of them), customising them, putting them on another hosting site and posting them as an image. Simple, but clever!

That's pretty much it. If you want to use any just copy them from this site, host them somewhere and insert them into your own messages.

My Bikes:

Road
    Dirt
    Fast
  • definately leaving now. last post. goodbye.

ciao.

...have you gone?

...Ok. Good.

Nothing personal against this guy or any of the other people who were gutted when the site changed from C+ to Bike Radar, but please stop being drama queens and coming back to moan.

This place continues to improve for plenty of users, including me, so your constant sniping will get the sort of response that this thread has had.

Maybe the mods could lock it down?
  • Goad him enough and he'll come back to defend his online name :lol:
  • DEFINATELY LEAVING NOW.

NO MESSIN ABOUT.