jummer
jummer Posts: 83
edited September 2007 in MTB buying advice
hi guys sorry for another which one thread but i need help
i cant decide between the
rockhopper pro
or the
merlin malt 4
if i was local to merlin it would be so much easier .
i dont know if getting the merlin mail order is the best choice, as if i have any problems i will have to post the faulty part back to merlin ,which could mean a couple of weeks without a bike and i can not test ride it either
i really like the rockhopper but i still think the malt is the better bike from what i have read , is it worth the risk of mail order
many thanks
jer

Comments

• beski
    beski Posts: 542
    I'd avoid buying a bike you can't test ride, it might look the muts but you might find the size & geometry don't suit :cry:
    Giant Defy 4 2014
    GT Avalanche Expert 2006
    Specialized Hardrock 1989
  • HI jummer

I have exactly the same problem, can't decide between these two either although i live quite near the Merlin shop. Haven't tried any yet.

Which did you go for, if any, and what do you think of it?
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    In terms of the frame i would buy the Malt 4 over the rockhopper, its a quality base that can be built upon further down the line.

Maybe its time for a trip up to merlin, gotta be worth it they're a really friendly and helpful bunch who're willing to discuss the spec of ur bike and chop and change components to suit ur budget/needs, cant see specialized doin that!!!