one winter cycling jacket
one winter cycling trousers
one waterproof cycling trousers
one yellow winter cycling shirt
one sports glasses
one luxury mincemeat
one golden marzipan
one dessicated coconut

What more could a forum poster wish for ?

Comments

• bryanm
    bryanm Posts: 218
    nickcuk wrote:
    On Thursday I shall be buying:

one winter cycling jacket
    one winter cycling trousers
    one waterproof cycling trousers
    one yellow winter cycling shirt
    one sports glasses
    one luxury mincemeat
    one golden marzipan
    one dessicated coconut

Last years Trek Madone bikes at Aldi for about 10% of RRP?
  • I am going to try and get over there to get some stuff. You can't afford not to at those prices :lol:
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    someone to help me out and get me a few bits... as i cant

Someone please!??!?!?
  • Stuww
    Stuww Posts: 203
    Try Wednesday night.... they sometimes stack the shelves early!!!!

Stu
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    i cant go cos its a Jewish festival thats the problem! I guess ill just go pay top dollar somewhere :(
  • bryanm
    bryanm Posts: 218
    Is this Aldi stuff actually any good? I've looked at stuff in there before, but it's just been cheap shapeless tat.
  • It all gets a bit 'Methodist jumble sale' at Aldi on cycling gear mornings :wink:

If anyones going to Accrington Aldi on Thursday morning, I'll be the fat bald speccy guy with the thousand mile stare outside the doors at 08:50. :P :lol:
  • bryanm wrote:
    Is this Aldi stuff actually any good? I've looked at stuff in there before, but it's just been cheap shapeless tat.

Yes and no. Depends what you want it for really. If you commuter a lot and want to keep your best stuff nice then yes its good for that. Last year a few of us in the office I used to work in bought some stuff. Consensus was some good some bit pants. If your interested the results were

Jerseys - good
    Gloves and socks - great
    Tights - crap. Like you said poorly fitting.
    Cycling - The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • Aldi are also selling ex Discovery and Astana riders :wink:

Contador on isle three and strangly they've put Vino in the pharmacy section.
    Every winner has scars.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    What's the crack with the socks?

Are they a must have??

Winter cycling gloves look like worth a go, Winter cycling trousers looked potentially wortwhile for me and the missus, thinking normal style not bib - anyone got these, and are they any good?

Also fancied a couple of cycling caps, and maybe a couple of the wall bracket thingies.

Cheers

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • but boy you have to be quick . I got ther at 12.30 on thursday and the shop was deserted but for a huddle of a dozen cyclist pouring over the scraps of cycling stuff left! I managed to get an all black jacket fo 14.99 and I'm rally impressed with it. for the money its actually quite tehnical with a back , pocket , grippers, good close cut etc. shame i missed out on the tops as they look quite good for 6.99 and perfect for winter commutes - they only had small and XL left.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Got my hi vis rain jacket for a tenner and winter gloves in XL, the only pair in the shop, for a couple of quid. Should go well with my Assos!! lol