Leaden Legs

steve23
steve23 Posts: 2,202
edited September 2007 in Training, fitness and health
on my last couple of training rides, my legs dont feel like they are "responding" in their usual way! they seem heavy and tired, and i cant seem to respond as quickly as usual!!!

i cant think of any reasons why this is the case though! i have had two easy weeks, and have not been overdoing my training at all! also, i dont feel as if im about to start with a cold or anything!?

any ideas?

thanks!
_______________________________________________________________________________________
If You Can't Cut It With The Big Dogs, Then Don't Pi$$ Up The Tall Trees!

Comments

• ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    hi steve,no solid answers to your question i,m afraid.Sometimes feel like that myself,know i haven,t overtrained as such and don't feel ill.I just put it down to either my body recovering in its own time or a bit of a virus or bug passing through my system. Sometimes my legs feel lousy and i do a good ride,other times feel good but don,t seem able to get going once i'm out. Good days and bad days is my guess.
  • Eat plenty of cereal (weetobix/cheerios are my favorite) contains plenty of Iron, and cheerios plenty of sugar, then have a banana, and plenty to drink, and ur legs wont feel like lead.
    ur body needs Iron.. lots of iron, and ur body is bursting to burn energy. efficiently
    other than this.. well eat healthily, pref not chocolate as i find this makes ur legs really... un responsive and ur body as a whole lazier. i don't know why, but it does.
  • emaichael wrote:
    Eat plenty of cereal (weetobix/cheerios are my favorite) contains plenty of Iron, and cheerios plenty of sugar, then have a banana, and plenty to drink, and ur legs wont feel like lead.
    ur body needs Iron.. lots of iron, and ur body is bursting to burn energy. efficiently
    other than this.. well eat healthily, pref not chocolate as i find this makes ur legs really... un responsive and ur body as a whole lazier. i don't know why, but it does.

Iron on its own is no use, it must be with a whole range of other minerals and vitamins. Also bear in mind that excessive iron will deplete your zinc levels amongst other things, so unless you're anaemic then there really is no need for supplements. Just eat lots of veg fruit nuts and seeds: there's enough in natural foods.