Coed-Y-Brenin

milkywhite
milkywhite Posts: 534
edited September 2007 in Routes
I know Coed-Y-Brenin gets a lot of coverage here, so I'm sorry if it seems like the same questions are being asked time and again.

I was wondering if there's other trails at the CoedY visitor centre other than the MBR, Dragons Back and Beast? I rode the MBR earlier this year, and it looked like the Dragons Back and Beast branch off from the MBR, so are there any across the road, where the visitor centre used to be, and if so, are they waymarked?

Cheers in advance! :D

Edit: We're gonna be there the first weekend in October. If anyone's about, might see you there!

Comments

• West of the road is the Tarw Trail 20km

East of the road is the MBR & the dragon's back

the beast combines the MBR & the dragon's back (just missing 1 section of single track from the dragon's back)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The old trails over the road aren't waymarked anymore (aprt from the "tarw" obviously). I'd suspect that if you found them they'd be well overgrown anyway.

If I remember correctly, the Karrimor trail used to have massive sections on both sides of the road,
    the MBR route used to have a little on the original side, but most of it was on the current side,
    Can't remember what the other was called.
    Should have a map of the old routes here somewhere.

Wasn't there an entire trail called "pink Heifer" as well? it seems to have been relegated to a (superb) section of the MBR now.
  • yes there was a trail called the pink heifer
  • The pink Heifer does exist as a full trail, from what I can gather. It's just not waymarked. There's some good video clips of the Heifer at

http://www.mtbbritain.co.uk/helmet_camera_video.html
  • Tarw trail is excellent, much more fun than the beast (less climbing more of a balance of Climbing/ descending), Unless you want a physical challenge then BEAST IS BEST. only part of the Tarw that is a little boring is the last few section near the top where there isnt much action BUT once back down at the bottom DO NOT take the sign posted 'short cut' instead follow the bridleway back up and off to the left for the very last section, it is really good.

hope this helps

prophet_1000

http://www.27gears.com/trails.html
    www.27gears.com

Sore ribs.................I must start walking the trail 1st before steep descents into the unknown!