tiredness

henderson_mk
henderson_mk Posts: 637
edited September 2007 in Training, fitness and health
hi folks,
i'm hoping someone here can help me out a bit...
since about last friday i've been experiencing severe tiredness, lethargy and a bit of generally 'not with it'-ness... finding simple tasks moderately confusing and not understanding people properly.

I don't think i'm over trained, although i imagine it sounds like it maybe? I didn't up my mileage any last week, if anything it got cut down and i've been off all exercise since last friday...

had to take some time off work too and I kind of imagined it would be starting to clear up by now... but it seems to be more of less the same.

anyone any ideas what could be causing it? or ever experience anything similar?

Marty
========================================
http://itgoesfasterwhenitmatches.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    Bit of a long shot but if it's not over training...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_a ... e_disorder
  • I get like that before i get any average type of bug. I know for a week or so before i'm about to get ill because of it :(

If it isn't breaking into any kind of flu type bug/illness not worth seeing gp about i'd say go to the docs. If you've already been off work with it and it's not getting better you really should go see the doc
  • Blonde
    Blonde Posts: 3,188
    Viral infection most probably. If it does not clear up it could be a bacterial infection, or it could be related to diet/nutritional deficiency of some kind/food intolerance. Or stress- stress is anything form mental stress at home or work to physical stress of cycling or other activity. Or, maybe you are just tired. Try getting 10 hours sleep a few nights running (which mean you'll have to go to bed really, really early) and see if that helps!
  • severe tiredness, lethargy and a bit of generally 'not with it'-ness... finding simple tasks moderately confusing and not understanding people properly.

SNIP
    anyone any ideas what could be causing it? or ever experience anything similar?

Marty
    I would see a doctor - the confusion/not understanding bit sounds a touch scary (as in brain not well scary!)
    I was proper poorly with tick disease borellia/Lyme disease a decade ago.low grade Flu like, monster head/neck ache, severe tachycardia (fast &strange heart beats) wandering paralysis/joint pain and finally heart sac inflammation. Not nice but proper antibiotics put me right ... eventually - it took a while of inconclusive testing to rule out other horrors etc.... :(
  • cheers folks.... i've been getting at least 10 hours all this week and over the weekend... and really been trying to eat properly... its hard though when you know a wee can of lucozade would lift you up a bit too :-)
    if it doesn't clear in another day or two then to docs it is... :?
    ========================================
    http://itgoesfasterwhenitmatches.blogspot.com/