cycle helmets are great

tiny_pens
tiny_pens Posts: 293
edited September 2007 in Commuting chat
I fell off (launched myself into the air headfirst some might say) on the way home tonight. Cuts and grazes on my legs, arms, shoulders, back and courier bag - but my helmet was completely untouched!

Now all I need is a suit made of polystyrene and I will be invincible! :twisted:

On a serious note, I'm fine - just annoyed that I'd decided not to wear my gloves on the way home as my most painfull injuries are to the palm of my hands.

Tiny (ouch) Pens

Comments

• Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    Ouch, gravel rash on the palms is gonna hurt, bad luck....

Glad to hear you're relatively ok though.....
  • baudman
    baudman Posts: 757
    I went over this morning. Decided to take the trailer, so dropped daughter off at child care. Without her in it, I was going a little quick over a train crossing and trailer hit a lump, bounced up and brought me down.

Thankfully, I had my (cheap, bargain bin) Windstopper Fleece gloves on. Slight grazes on shin (from bike) and elbow. But my wrist/palm is 'polished' from the glove. Would've been nasty. I'm feeling for you tiny_pens.
    Commute - MASI Souville3 | Road/CX - MASI Speciale CX | Family - 80s ugly | Utility - Cargobike
  • the thing that always hurts most is the damage to your pride, I find!
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    hamboman wrote:
    the thing that always hurts most is the damage to your pride, I find!

Moreso the following car driving over your foot!
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,099
    ouch

that's why I wear what work colleagues call my "kinky gloves" (blue trek mitts)

Been there...you have my sympathy

It's just a hill. Get over it.