Turbo frame strain

zeroshoddy
zeroshoddy Posts: 59
edited September 2007 in Training, fitness and health
Never been too happy with me alu bike on the TT; worried about stressing the frame (esp when standing on peds). Now I have shiny new carbon should I be concerned putting that on the TT?

Be handy if I could just put it on there and leave it – with me alu my winter / training ride.

Thoughts?

Comments

• zeroshoddy wrote:
    Never been too happy with me alu bike on the TT; worried about stressing the frame (esp when standing on peds). Now I have shiny new carbon should I be concerned putting that on the TT?

Be handy if I could just put it on there and leave it – with me alu my winter / training ride.

Thoughts?

Hi there.

I've used my oclv on the turbo trainer since 2000 with no ill effects, likewise my cervelo time trial bike for the last couple of years.

The main problem with turbo trainers is corrosion from sweat rather than frame stresses. So use a towel and don't worry about it.

Cheers, Andy
  • and bear in mind two key differences between CF and ally (and steel for that matter).

CF doesnt fatigue, so so long as you dont over do it and completely break the frame, then you're doing it no damage (just make sure its not chaffing anywhere as that will weaken it)

A towel as Andy suggest is a good idea, even though CF doesnt corrode, so sweat won't affect it.
  • ace stuff. Thanks chaps