Dunstable / Leighton Buzzard Route

MarvintheAndroid
MarvintheAndroid Posts: 409
edited September 2007 in MTB rides
Hi,

Can anyone suggest - from local knowledge - a medium skill off-road cross country route (say 15-20 miles) within easy reach of Dunstable / Leighton Buzzard area ? I'll be over there at the weekend and I'd like to take the bike, so it needs to have a map or be quite easy to follow. Or someone to ride with. Must be suitable for hardtail.

I might venture down to the Aston Hill MTB area but would prefer something more XC and closer, perhaps in the foot of the Chilterns ??

Ta

Marv
What tree ? ...........

Trek 8000 ZR XC hardtail.

Comments

• gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    From Leighton Buzzard there are a couple of options, Stockgrove County Park or Woburn and it's possible to link them up to do a longer ride. Woburn has a marked XC trail as well as lots of other routes in the woods, though you'd probably need a local to show you the best bits. Might be worth contacting one of the clubs (like Cyclone in the area to see if you can hook-up for a ride.
  • Thanks gregsd, I got in touch with Cyclone and managed to arrange a ride for today. Great bunch of guys (and gals) and some fantastic wooded singletrack.

Actually, I discovered a broken spoke nipple at 6.30pm last night, just as everything was closing, but HUGE THANKS to the guys at Evans Cycles in Milton Keynes (you know who you are) for sellotaping a spare nipple to the outside of their shop shutters when they went home, for me to collect later. Customer service or what !! They really saved the day.

Anyone who is visiting the Bedfordshire area I seriously recommend visiting the trails in Woburn Sands, I had an absolute blast.

Thanks all.

Marvin
    What tree ? ...........

Trek 8000 ZR XC hardtail.
  • gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    Cool, glad you enjoyed yourself! I lived in Woburn for about 8 years, so I know there's some good riding to be had in the area, though I haven;t been back for awhile :cry: