singlespeed: where can you get a 20t freewheel?

lex
lex Posts: 53
edited September 2007 in Road general
Hi
I'm looking for a 20 tooth freewheel for my pompino... not had much luck on internet searches so would appreciate any pointers where to buy!
cheers
alex

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    any BMX shop? www.billys.co.uk

is it a standard thread on the hub?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I think that the biggest standard teeth you'll get on most bmx freewheels is 18t, though sometimes ACS come up as 20t.

If youre getting a bmx freewheel, beware, there is often a 'step' on the thread, toward the outer side, which limits how far in you will be able to screw it. I found no problem on my fixed hub with an 18t ACS, but if you have a wide thread on your hub it MIGHT be a problem.

I've just picked up a 20t (standard type, not bmx) freewheel from SJS Cycles

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-Pare ... ch-333.htm

Its not as flashy or shiny as most bmx freewheels, but being narrower I found I got a reasonable chainline without having to resort to wide b/b's. It has a dull brassy finish, is reasonably quiet, and actually a lot smoother than the 22 tooth one I had from them some time ago. And its cheapThe only minus is that to get it off afterwards you'll probably have to kill it taking it apart!
    [/url]

Jam butties, officially endorsed by the Diddymen Olympic Squad
  • lex
    lex Posts: 53
    thanks both!