sore under carriage

timberjack
timberjack Posts: 279
A bit personal this one Has any body got any tips how to stop my sore backside i always get small sores at the tops of my inside leg i wear all the padded shorts with and with out underwear but nothing seems to work
Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu/Carbon, 2011
Specialized Stumpjumper, 07
Genisis Altitude 30, 09
Giant XTC4, 04

Comments

• ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    Sorry to ask the obvious but presume your washing shorts after each ride? Not using too much washing powder? Does this only occur when your cycling or is it a general thing?
  • mbukfan
    mbukfan Posts: 3,052
    go into boots or similar and get some stuff you put on babies bottoms to stop nappy rash. apply to "undercarrage" and wash off in the shower afterwards
    <center>
    <font size="1"><font color="green">Only the truth hurts, but thats more than enough.</font id="green"> </font id="size1">
    <font size="2"> Andy</font id="size2">
    </center>
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Kinda depends if the sores are purely because of friction or friction+infection. If purely due to friction then try some assos chamois cream (I always use the stuff if planning to be out for a couple of hours or more). Absolutely don't wear underwear inside padded shorts as padded shorts aren't just there for the padding they also shouldn't have any seams/stitching in your saddle contact area (which can chafe) as well as dealing better with sweat etc.

As for sores brought on or made worse by infection then as the guy above says make sure you wash your shorts after every ride (inners anyway), I also clean 'down there' with clearsil facial wash as it's anti-bacterial but dunno if that really helps.
  • Dr_Death
    Dr_Death Posts: 1,262
    assos chamois cream = minty arse lard = the way forward
    Steve

Trust me, I'm a doctor!

http://www.vimeo.com/DrDeath
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    I recently asked the same question on another forum, and the general concensuss was to use vasaline (sp) and wear lycra shorts under your riding shorts. I done a 40+ mile ride last week wearing the lycra and had no problems at all, whereas the previouse week i had really bad saddle sore after about an hours riding. Worst pain ever!

Andy.
  • Gwaredd
    Gwaredd Posts: 251
    I had the exact same problem when I started out a month or so ago. Some figure hugging Lycra cycling shorts under something less offensive to the general public is the answer!
  • jasonm945
    jasonm945 Posts: 134
    Vaseline is a no-no. It is a waterproof petroleum jelly, usually used as a barrier on sores, and wet area's, and as a lubricant, thats why people put it on their lips. As such it doesn't allow the skin to breath.
    If you can't get hold of chammy cream or any thing like that, then something along the lines of "Sudocrem" is good, or even just some basic aqueous cream will help...

Jay