Front rack with suspension fork?...

tommywmb
tommywmb Posts: 148
edited September 2007 in Tour & expedition
Does anyone know of a a front rack that can be used with a Rockshox Tora suspension fork for some off road touring?

Comments

• andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    Tubus do one - though I've never used it so I can't vouch for how well it works.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Old Man Mountain. Not cheap, but OMM racks are the only racks I've never managed to break. I've broken a Tubus Logo so I rate OMM racks ahead of Tubus. But if you don't have v-brake bosses you'd need to use p-clips with an OMM rack.
    More problems but still living....
  • No V-brake bosses no, but what are P-clips?
  • andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    Tommy

P clips are clips that are shaped like a p. They could be useful with rigid forks but I'm not sure they make p-clips big enough to use with suspension forks.

Here's the link for the tubus rack which is designed for use with suspension forks. My Tubus Cosmo has survived carrying upwards of 15kgs of luggage down rocky singletrack so I don't have any hesitation in recommending them.

I would say though that it's worth thinking about whether you really need a front rack. You should be able to can get all your clothes and camping equipment onto a rear rack. You'd only really need to have a front rack as well if you are taking cooking equipment and food and water.
  • would say though that it's worth thinking about whether you really need a front rack. You should be able to can get all your clothes and camping equipment onto a rear rack. You'd only really need to have a front rack as well if you are taking cooking equipment and food and water.

i totally agree. i have front suspension bike and was lucky enough to know somone who had front rack and panniers. he told me it's a pain to steer and to just try as hard as i could to fit all in back and handle bar bag. i'm going in group so some equipment is spread amongst us i.e one guy carries tools and another cooking gear.
    In the valley of high oil prices the cyclist is king!
  • Carradice do some.... the only prob' is they are a bit of a fiddle to get on and off:

http://www.carradice.co.uk/panniers/lim ... iers.shtml
    It's an uphill climb to the bottom