trek bikes in tour of spain

wpdoolan
wpdoolan Posts: 185
edited September 2007 in Pro race
I notice from the pics on Graham Watsons site that some of the discovery riders are not on the new madone trek frame.
I am surpised at this as they seem to be available in shops, were they just issued to the tour de france squad?

Comments

• Maybe they feel the same as LA.
    He said that compact designs were for skirts :)
    so many cols,so little time!
  • He was right!!!
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    I know they were riding the Madone 5.5 rebadged to look like the Madone 6.9 during this year's Tour. The 6.9 was not ready in time or was not to their liking, it seems. Now that they are back on last year's SSLs, I'd have serious doubts about buying a new Madone. Trek pay a lot of money to have their products displayed so the riders must really not like them if they accept not to showcase their newer bike.

Good eye, I hadn't spotted this one.
  • Unless im seeing things looking at the stage 10 pics on the Graham Watson website, it clearly looks like Jason McCartney is riding the old SSL Madone where as Stijn Devolder, Egoi Martinez & Jurgen Van Goolen are riding the new 2008 Madone.

http://grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.ns ... vueltaSt10
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    Even better eye :wink:

Must be either personal preference or a last-minute problem with McCartney's bike, then. Anyone know if they're on the real 6.9s now?
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    Can you all get your anoraks on the way out? :lol::wink: