RWC Pundit

richa
richa Posts: 1,631
edited October 2007 in The bottom bracket
Thought the RWC Pundit deserved a thread of its own (from here).
RichA wrote:
Anyone up for a little friendly "RWC Pundit" Competition :?:

It is completely free, takes just 5-10mins to register & select your team and there's even set up a Bike Radar Private League.

Pick your team and enter the "BikeRadar" private mini-league:

This is the link: http://scrum.fantasyleague.com/Index.aspx
This is PIN No you need to join the BikeRadar Private League: 3726

Good luck. :twisted:

The BikeRadar league is up and running and we already have a four members!

Link: http://scrum.fantasyleague.com
PIN No to join the BikeRadar Private League: 3726
Rich

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I've added my team!

Another team with Carter as outside half/kicker
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • richa
    Everyone has !!

Tho' to be far there can be little argument that they are the two best in the world.
    Rich
  • richa
    First game today.

Get your teams in. Takes about 5mins.
    Rich
  • I've joined and I'm pretty hopeful of stuffing youse lot...

I won't tell you why though, because you'll only go and change your teams before tonight!! :wink:

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I've joined!
  • OK who HASN'T got Carter and McCaw???

I haven't picked Carter I've got O'Gara.

Seems only sensible thing to do to me, if you had any sense you'd know why! :wink:

• redddraggon
    Prince William's long lost brother ...... I mean.......O'Gara is good, but he's miles off the quality of the likes of Carter, Hook, and even Wilko.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Prince William's long lost brother ...... I mean.......O'Gara is good, but he's miles off the quality of the likes of Carter, Hook, and even Wilko.

Ok, if you think so! Still not changing my mind, O'Gara is a better pick than Carter. In fact I've only picked one NZer at all.

• Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    That's me submitted a team and pending joining the league.

I have not a clue about rugby but it might get me interested. I just stuck in a few southern hemisphere chaps an one or two others I think I have heard of, and a couple who sounded like they were big feckers.
  • Noodley
    Just shows how little I know, I picked a team with no kicker it seems. Then I changed the team to have a kicker (Carter I think as he seems to be good) then I find I cannae change my kicker until next week so I am stuck with some big hammer thrower as my kicker until then.
  • ivancarlos
    ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    edited September 2007
    :roll:
    I have pain!

Seems only sensible thing to do to me, if you had any sense you'd know why! :wink:

Carter will not only potentially score nmore tries, he will certainly score more assists. He'll have the closest to an armchair ride in doing so compared to any other 10. The other FH worth considering is Hernandez the Argentinian. Had a great game this evening.
  • richa
    Argies played v.well. And Pichot got me some points :D
    Rich
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Woo. Three tries for Howlett and 2 for McCaw against the Italians. :D

Carter will not only potentially score nmore tries, he will certainly score more assists. He'll have the closest to an armchair ride in doing so compared to any other 10. The other FH worth considering is Hernandez the Argentinian. Had a great game this evening.

Ok, NZ scored more than I expected against Italy, but the reason I've picked O'Gara is Ireland are playing Namibia tomorrow FFS, who are a lot worse than Italy. I was always going to change to Carter after the first weekend, but I expect Ireland to score over 100 points with a few tries, conversions, assists and maybe even drop kicks for Scarlet O'Gara, and hopefully more points than Carter.

For the same reason I've picked quite a few Scots as they are playing unprofessional Portugal - I'll drop all of them for NZers for next weekend.

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    can i still join....

although i'm rubbish at these...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • richa
    ddraver wrote:
    can i still join....

although i'm rubbish at these...
    Of course you can. Just pick a team. Its only a bit of fun.
    Rich

Ok, NZ scored more than I expected against Italy, but the reason I've picked O'Gara is Ireland are playing Namibia tomorrow FFS, who are a lot worse than Italy. I was always going to change to Carter after the first weekend, but I expect Ireland to score over 100 points with a few tries, conversions, assists and maybe even drop kicks for Scarlet O'Gara, and hopefully more points than Carter.

For the same reason I've picked quite a few Scots as they are playing unprofessional Portugal - I'll drop all of them for NZers for next weekend.

aah but you have limnited transfers...it could get bloody out there... :wink:
  • ddraver
    ok I'm in....shows that for someone who cares so much about rugby i really don't know naff all.......

We ll see - dissapointed about the numbers of aussies and frogs in there, and Duncan jones is only there cos i look like him
    - @ddraver
  • Noodley
    Contrelamontre - you seen the scores? :lol::lol:

Noodley - 52
    CLM - 15

OK, the Ireland scores still have to be added so I may regret drawing attention to the scores this early :wink:
  • richa
    League table has been updated for yesturday.

I'm pleased so far. But really need the Irish to pull their socks up a bit. Come on guys it's just Namibia !!!
    Rich
  • redddraggon
    It's not looking good for the Irish.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Looks like they have done enough. 32-17 at 77 minutes
  • Looks like they have done enough. 32-17 at 77 minutes

I am not a happy bunny! :(

Pride before a fall and all that, but I just can't believe NZ put so many past Italy. I was expecting the scores of the Ireland and the NZ matches to be the reverse, i.e. Ireland winning by 70 odd and NZ scoring 30 ish...

It's not been a good start for me at all I obviously picked the wrong Lamont and Scott Murray was clearly slipped a back hander by Noodley to drop that try scoring chance!

• Habana was clearly the man to have in your pundit team for the first round of matches.
  • richa
    Habana was clearly the man to have in your pundit team for the first round of matches.
    Indeed :lol::lol:
    Rich
  • richa
    Not that today's game between the Argies & the Georgians is going to make a big difference to the BR RWC Pundit Leaderboard...
    Rich
  • ddraver
    someboidys got Pichot in - m,aybe i should go and change quickly!!!
    - @ddraver
  • Had some problems with the site earlier when making changes, happy to report all is working ok now. Phew, thats all my england players disposed of :wink: