BHF Hearts First Ride of the Roses

Lightbox
Lightbox Posts: 30
Those who have entered the British Heart Foundation Ride of the Roses Lancaster to York 100 ml ride may be surprised to learn that the advertised return transport back to Lancaster for riders and bikes has been withdrawn.

I learned this when speaking to the event organisers, who had sent an update letter with route profile but for some reason did not mention this quite important change to the arrangements.

Apparently, participants having completed a challenging 100 ml ride across the Pennines, are now expected to find their own way back to Lancaster by public transport, or arrange to be collected from York.

I have entered various charity rides this year, unfortunately not all are as well organised as the Christie 100 in Manchester yesterday, or Rourkie's Cat and Fiddle for Cystic Fibrosis in October, surely the benchmark for post-event gluttony....

Comments

• What time is the start of this ride?
  • geocycle
    geocycle Posts: 202
    Sorry to resurect this old thread but did anyone do this ride last year? I've just seen it's to be repeated in June this year. What sort of field was there (how many and what level of ability). Did any support materialise?