Quality pull-out maps in WMB

Steve Worland
Steve Worland Posts: 304
edited September 2007 in MTB rides
We're hoping to reintroduce quality pull out maps for the MTB routes we publish in What Mountain Bike. Take a look at the current issue to see what we mean. We know people like them but the cost of doing it well is very high so we'd like to gauge reader enthusiasm for the idea. Any comments? And what else would you like to see from off road route guides?
Steve
Technical Director, MBUK and WMB

Comments

• ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    If the pull-out maps were to replace the sketch maps in the reader and pro routes sections, that would be excellent. A fair while back, myself and a friend attempted to do the Malvern Hills loop that was described in the mag. We didn't get very far! A nicely detailed map would have been perfect.
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    don't forget about the isle of wight please.
  • brasso
    brasso Posts: 203
    The maps are a great idea and I really appreciate a relatively small thing to carry I struggle with full size maps even in a decent map case.
    '08 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    '04 Allez Sport

When we wake up in the morning, we have two simple choices. Go back to sleep and dream, or RIDE.

The choice is yours...
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Yeah, must admit I like 'em myself! Keep 'em comming....!
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • Yes please. As has been said detailed maps are excellent to collect and keep.

Can only make an excellent mag better plus as trail centres get more users and therefore more congested more people are gonna want to head off the beaten track.
    I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf