Help needed to trace a cycling club for my dear old Dad!!!

drewfromrisca
drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
edited September 2007 in The bottom bracket
Ok bit of a strange one this, but my Dad used to live in London before moving to God's country that is Wales (said with some degree of pi** taking) and while he lived there he used to ride for a club in the 50's and 60's called Ladbroke R.C. Due to him being ill from a stroke his memory isn't what it used to be and gets a little confused so he's unsure about the location in London. I've tried all the usual place (google, ask etc) but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated and would make an old man very happy to read up on his past life!!!

Cheers!
There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!

Comments

• sylvanus
    sylvanus Posts: 1,125
    My guess would be that it was one of the West london clubs formed from the break up of Bayswater wheelers. The one that still survives is Archer Road Club which was named after the bit of Westbourne Road which was then called Archer Road. They are now based in Hillingdon at the track.

Next to Archer Road is Ladbroke Road hence my guess. I would try speaking to Stuart Benstead at Archer RC or to the bike shop that sponsored those clubs.
  • Great thanks thats a big help!!!

• sylvanus
    sylvanus Posts: 1,125
    Bike Shop is:

http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1284/2856.php

and

http://archer-rc.co.uk/

You can pm me if you want Stuarts email address
  • ivancarlos
    ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    Ladbroke Grove?
    I have pain!
  • Ok bit of a strange one this, but my Dad used to live in London before moving to God's country that is Wales (said with some degree of pi** taking) and while he lived there he used to ride for a club in the 50's and 60's called Ladbroke R.C. Due to him being ill from a stroke his memory isn't what it used to be and gets a little confused so he's unsure about the location in London. I've tried all the usual place (google, ask etc) but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated and would make an old man very happy to read up on his past life!!!

Cheers!

Not sure that even the most one eyed valleys man could claim Risca falls into that domain... :wink:
  • No idea. Like I said my Dads memory isnt too good. I cant find a club in Ladbroke Grove anyway.

• Ok bit of a strange one this, but my Dad used to live in London before moving to God's country that is Wales (said with some degree of pi** taking) and while he lived there he used to ride for a club in the 50's and 60's called Ladbroke R.C. Due to him being ill from a stroke his memory isn't what it used to be and gets a little confused so he's unsure about the location in London. I've tried all the usual place (google, ask etc) but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated and would make an old man very happy to read up on his past life!!!

Cheers!

Not sure that even the most one eyed valleys man could claim Risca falls into that domain... :wink:

Don't worry it doesn't...I'm sure it starts at Merthyr though!!!

Cheers!

Don't worry it doesn't...I'm sure it starts at Merthyr though!!!

Merthyr???!! If thats part of His country I'm converting to Islam!