BMC ends contract with Astana

giant_man
giant_man Posts: 6,878
edited September 2007 in Pro race
This makes a lot of sense to me!

A manufacturer of decent bikes won't put up with the doping and the drug taking shenanigans of the peloton and rightly so!!

Bikes of this calibre deserve a better team to win races and raise their profile! Nice one!

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    This makes a lot of sense to me!

A manufacturer of decent bikes won't put up with the doping and the drug taking shenanigans of the peloton and rightly so!!
    What's that got to do with BMC then? Arf.

Come on folks, they are monstrosities. Fugly, fugly, fugly.
  • shannyla
    shannyla Posts: 28
    Oh noes, the supplier of pig-ugly machines to the most fearsomely doped teams of recent years has suddenly got cold feet. The humanity!
  • esmit208
    esmit208 Posts: 41
    Well if other manufacturers followed suit:
    T-Mobile would have no bikes!
    Saunier Duval would have no bikes!
    Cofidis would have no bikes!
    Rabobank WOULD have bikes pending the integrity index!
    Hmmmmmmm maybe the price of a cool carbon fiber machine would be reasonable!
    Edward G. Smith
  • STCP4
    STCP4 Posts: 5
    I don't think BMC had much choice really. Jeez, they don't have much luck with teams though do they? First Phonak and now Astana! :|
  • I was going to post a new thread, but I guess it fits in here just as well.

Now Astana are racing again, what are they racing on? I wonder if they had to pay for and choose their own bikes, and if so, what did they choose. That would speak a lot more about the quality of the bike than a paid sponsorship deal...
  • Hey that is a great question Leon...

Maybe they are going to get hooked up with some CBOARDMAN bikes from Bikehut, I hear that they are great value for money...and ride really well...

I shall started doing some surfing to try and answer your very good question though...
  • gavintc
    gavintc Posts: 3,009
    I went to the Astana website and note that Specialized are listed as a sponsor. There are no current photos to check whether this sponsorship includes the bikes.
  • Specialized were the helmet sponsor before.

I couldn't find any pictures anywhere.

On a similair note, anyonw knowwhat Rasmusson has been wearing in the ace's been doing? I guess healready hs a trunkload of plain, black kit ;-)
  • Landis (allegedly) and Vino. What's the common denominator?

So it was BMC's fault all this time :twisted:
    Every winner has scars.
  • Specialized were the helmet sponsor before.

I couldn't find any pictures anywhere.

On a similair note, anyonw knowwhat Rasmusson has been wearing in the ace's been doing? I guess healready hs a trunkload of plain, black kit ;-)
    A BLACK leather jacket,the last pic i saw of him!
    so many cols,so little time!
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    Actually, Rasmussen rides the crits with a plain yellow jersey.

No sh!t, he really does.
  • drenkrom wrote:
    Actually, Rasmussen rides the crits with a plain yellow jersey.

No sh!t, he really does.
    Is Rass actually riding the crits as an unsponsored pro?
    Can't fault his nerve & marketing,turning up in yellow,if he is!
  • ivancarlos
    ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    Now Astana are racing again, what are they racing on? ..

Ahem? Surely you don't want us to answer that :wink:
    I have pain!
  • ivancarlos wrote:
    Now Astana are racing again, what are they racing on? ..

Ahem? Surely you don't want us to answer that :wink:

LOL! They are probably just floating to the finish line ==> :shock:
  • I am sure Johan will sort them out when he goes to Astana next season. They will be on Trek with Nike kit.
  • I am sure Johan will sort them out when he goes to Astana next season. They will be on Trek with Nike kit.

...and will get a lot better at "not testing positive"
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I am sure Johan will sort them out when he goes to Astana next season. They will be on Trek with Nike kit.

...and will get a lot better at "not testing positive"

I've started to think the jokers at T-Mobile should hire him. They'd not suffer any embarrassing moments then.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • He is rubbish isn't he?

I wish the UCI would try and get tough with him and not give him a DS licence (if you need such a thing)
  • He is rubbish isn't he?

I wish the UCI would try and get tough with him and not give him a DS licence (if you need such a thing)
    Rubbish? his team has won 8 out of the last 9 TDF.
    Now if you said he is without morals & scruples,that WOULD be an accurate statement
  • method
    method Posts: 784
    He is rubbish isn't he?

Rubbish? his team has won 8 out of the last 9 TDF.
    Now if you said he is without morals & scruples,that WOULD be an accurate statement

I would have thought that the 8 wins were more to do with a certain Texan than the DS.
  • Contador,a Texan?....go on,enlighten me if you will.What i suggest is they have a certain winning formula.Not saying that we like it,but this society does seem to be all about winning.
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    "a certain winning formula"

such a sweet touch of double meaning!