Chain Reaction & Pauls Cycles

Jazz Maverick
Jazz Maverick Posts: 20
edited September 2007 in MTB buying advice
There seem to be some great prices from companies like Chain Reaction and Pauls - for example I am looking at the GT Avalanche 1.0 2007 (no discs)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=17829

Have any of you had experience with these companies? What is the customer service like? What condition do the bikes arrive in?

I have bought my last two bikes from Evans and even though they are from the internet/mail order, they are delivered to a store and made up and checked for you - this has been very good services so far.

Comments and thoughts most appreciated
My Bikes
Trek 6500
Spesh Sirrus Elite

Comments

• Scubar
    Scubar Posts: 453
    I use CRC all the time, excellent service. The bike will come fully built, they will most likely turn the stem to the side and remove the front wheel so that it can be packed into a flat box. They have an open returns policy aswell so if you dont like what you buy when it arrives you can simply return it. Gives you a chance to have a quick ride around on the street to see if you like the feel of it.

My Marin Hawkhill 2007 - http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1382583/
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I have bought a bike from both. From CRC its direct from the factory, in the box packaged, so you mut assemble it. The one from Pauls was supposed to have been set up with minimal assembly, but it wasnt to my standard - no grease on the seatpost and limit stops out plus a couple of other niggles. However they are great value.
  • CRC is simply brilliant, free next day delivery (depends on size and quantity), great advice and help!!!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    My experience with CRC wasnt favourable either, but I'll put this down to a one off and not jump to silly conclusions. The bike took 9 days to arrive instead of 3, the back wheel, a crossmax, was badly out of true and the rear mech hangers threads were damaged beyond repair. They sorted it swiftly though, sending me out a new hanger and mavic spoke key plus a voucher, so all good in the end. I do think they should check the bikes over first though.
  • Thanks Guys

All really helpful - I'll have a word with CRC
    My Bikes
    Trek 6500
    Spesh Sirrus Elite
  • I've no experience of Paul's as a mail order company, as they're my local store, but generally their service is excellent. They're always willing to help. If (as I'd imagine it would) their online customer service matched the high standard I'm used to, any niggle you may have with a bike on delivery would be dealt with professionally and swiftly.

As already mentioned, the prices are outstanding.

CRC have never failed to deliver for me. Swift replies to e-mail queries, and delivery as expected every time.
  • warreng
    warreng Posts: 535
    CRC are great - one of the best on-line shops I know of. The difference for me is that you can actually speak to a human if you have a query. My Light & Moltion lights turned up this morning about 22 hours after I bought them
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
    2016 Genesis Croix de Fer