Weighing Bikes?

kevin_stephens
kevin_stephens Posts: 184
edited September 2007 in The bottom bracket
I'm curious

How do those folk obsessed with bike weight actually get an accurate weight?

The standard "carry your bike onto the bathroom scales" at best only gives an accuracy of 1 lb, and poor consistency at that

Kitchen scales don't go high enough to weigh even the most weight weeniest of bikes

Do people dismantle their bike and weigh the bits individually on the kitchen sacles?
Do they have access to industiral or laboratory standard scales?
Can you get special bike scales fro Wiggle or Ribble?
I want to climb hills so badly;
and I climb hills so badly

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    use the one in their bike shop?

well thats what i do.

and then weigh what comes of and then what goes on.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I've heard about using fishing scales, don't know if that is the pro choice... ;-)
  • yoadius
    yoadius Posts: 541
    We use fishing scales at the bike shop. Well we've never used them but thats why they're there.
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tartanyak</i>

Dude, did you trace that, from a distance off a diagram drawn by a blind man using his feet from the description given to him by someone that could only use English quotes from the movie of \'Grease\'?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
  • I'm not exactly a weight weenie, but here's what I use:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.a ... al%20Scale