Snack ideas

@1withlycra
@1withlycra Posts: 8
Hi all!

I'm pretty new to cycling and don't really wanna be having to buy myself too many gels, bars, etc. when I go out for a ride. I was reading about what Robbie Hunter had in his musette on the Tour to keep him going and there seemed to be a lot of jam butties in there as well as pastries.

Any ideas on what would be good for me to pack for a days ride? The simpler the better.

Comments

• flapjacks, malt loaf and similar carbo rich sweet things will work. I'm going to take some ham and cheese rolls to munch on during the 12hr TT on sunday, in other words, take whatever you like eating, unless you're riding absolutely balls out and eating might result in instant vomiting....(there you go Chris, another one lined up for you.... :wink: )
  • ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    Agree with above post. Any sarnies with your fave filling, also malt loaf etc.Normal cereal bars from the supermarket do me ( i.e. jordans, tracker bars,asda chewy bars ) they are not too expensive to buy now and again. Also don't forget a drink to wash it all down with. If your out all day energy drinks would be better than plain water or diluted orange etc. but its down to your personal choice and how much you want to spend.Main thing is enjoy your riding and keep fueled up. Good luck mate. :lol:
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    flapjacks - home made.

visit

http://www.flapjackrecipe.com/

the banana one is especially good!

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    Flapjacks (Individually wrapped - Garages are a good source for these)
    Ceral bars
    Bananas
    Ribena

Are all good.
    Rich
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
  • I always take four fig rolls on a 50+, probably don't need then as I have a bowl of porridge and honey beforehand, but it tops up the carbo. Fruesli bars from supermarkets in packs of ~5 work out cheap and got a very good write up in the comic or C+ last year.
    I must say goodbye to the blindfold
    And pursue the ideal
    The planet becoming the hostess
    Instead of the meal
    Roy Harper - 'Burn the World'