bargain race bike?

ANDE.B
ANDE.B Posts: 544
edited August 2007 in XC and Enduro
I was just browsing my Decathlon catalogue when i came across this little machine: http://www.btwincycle.com/EN/Product_arborescence/cycle-and-rolle/bikes/mountain-bikes/performance-mou/product_8014536/index.html
for the tidy price of £1345.00

And i'm just amazed by the spec for that price... Mavic SLR's, SRAM XO, Sid team's, juicy 7's etc... i swear the kit on it is worth the price alone...
And it comes with a spare pair of road wheels for training on... and you can get your name and country's flag on the top-tube (nice touch)

And although i first thaught the frame must just be some rubbish made for decathlon, on closer inspection i found that the pro road team AG2R use bikes made by this company.

Seems like a bargain for a proper race machine...
if i had the cash for it right now (instead of being a poor student!) i'd snap one up straight away to have as a race-specific bike..
Also their is a similarly specced full-sus...

just thaught i should share this find...
cheers
My Pinkbike Pics
"Cycling is just like church - many attend, but few understand." Jim Burlant

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Decathlon turn out some very well specced machines. This one also comes with a set of road wheels!
  • Blundell
    Blundell Posts: 308
    Bloody hell... there is some gud stuff on that bike.

Must be made in a chinese sweat shop buy 5 year old kids or something.. buy one and liberty / amnesty will be harrying ya for the rest of your days!

Even if the frame is a load of crap you've got some damn fine kit!
  • mtb.boy
    mtb.boy Posts: 208
    Well
    -Mavic SLR's are meant to be £657 (But Wiggle have them for £525.60).
    -SRAM X0 Shifters and rear mech add up to over £300
    - SockShox SID Team are about £340
    - Truvativ Stylo GXP are about £220

So thats a total of - £1385.60 (which is more than it costs to buy the full bike) without the tyres, innertubes, headset, seat, seatpost, chain, cassette, brakes, stem, handlebars, grips, frame, bottombracket, front mech, (they even give you Shimano M520 clipless pedals), the road wheels (700 wheels fitted with disc brakes and 12x23 cassette)

That is one hell of a bargain.
    The first rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is.

The second rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is !!!!
  • ANDE.B
    ANDE.B Posts: 544
    ahh i want that bike!
    all the kit would just be so lovely on a nice s-works epic frame!
    :?
    My Pinkbike Pics
    "Cycling is just like church - many attend, but few understand." Jim Burlant
  • That is one nice bike - on first look it certainly is appealing - especially for that kind of money! :shock:
  • lugsey2k5
    lugsey2k5 Posts: 960
    very nice.
    were do you click to buy it