Blackpool: - Ride the Lights event.....

gkerr4
gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
Thought I'd give this a little plug on here - see if anyone was interested:

Blackpool "ride the lights" event on Tuesday the 28th August - 6 miles of traffic-free riding on the Blackpool promenade from starr gate in the south up to Bispham in the north - covering the full length of the Blackpool illuminations which will be switched on between 8pm and 10pm as a preview before the main switch-on on the friday of that week.

see more:

http://www.blackpool.gov.uk/News/RidetheLights.htm

last years was excellent - it was a bit windy and i wasn't sure if there would be anyone turning out. The director of leisure and culture of Blackpool council told me they would have been happy with about five or six hundred people turning out - they got between 2000 - 2500 on the night last year - casting the event into the calendar as an annual event!

Anyway - I'll be there on the mountain bike with my 3yr old daughter in her seat on the back - hope to see some of you there!

Comments

• suze
    suze Posts: 302
    What a great night out....fish and chip supper, doughnuts, cups of tea...I took us nearly an hour to ride down the prom. It was great to see so many familys, some of the kids even had stabilisers.

I wouldn't say the chavs caused problems , but the "would be racers trying to go fast" not sure what they were trying to prove.....but i can guess. It was a night out not a training bash.

What a great night out, well done Blackpool council and whoever else made this possible. We can't wait till next year, and are going to mention it to more of our friends, maybe even make a day of it in Blackpool.

Does anyone have any photos?
    �3 grand bike...30 Bob legs....Slowing with style