So here's the plan.....

cycologist
cycologist Posts: 721
edited September 2007 in Tour & expedition
........catch the train down to Cornwall on Saturday; set off from Land's End on Sunday and see how far I get riding northwards. This was originally going to be a LeJog trip but lack of time on the bike and a recent viral /flu type thing has left me rather less fit than I perhaps ought to be for such a jaunt. So, let's just call it Land's End to Where Ever.....
Wish me luck.
Two wheels good,four wheels bad

Comments

• vernonlevy
    vernonlevy Posts: 969
    cycologist wrote:
    ........catch the train down to Cornwall on Saturday; set off from Land's End on Sunday and see how far I get riding northwards. This was originally going to be a LeJog trip but lack of time on the bike and a recent viral /flu type thing has left me rather less fit than I perhaps ought to be for such a jaunt. So, let's just call it Land's End to Where Ever.....
    Wish me luck.

You might be pleasantly surprised by the distance that you cover. Don't exclude JOG as a destination. If the winds and weather are favourable than Lejog it could well be!
  • cycologist
    I might take it easy in the first few days and hopefully regain some sort fitness. Then again, I might just go for it - nothing to lose. i've got the freedom of the open road and am looking forward to it.
  • ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    Enjoy your trip, hope the weather stays good and you have a tail wind all the way. Let us know how you get on. Good luck :lol:
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    If it was 1953 and you were Eileen Sheridan, and you had a support car, you'd be in John O'Groats by Tuesday lunchtime. You would have slept for 15 minutes on Monday morning, 15 minutes on Monday evening and a whole 25 on Tuesday morning. Upon arrival, you decide to round the trip up to 1000 miles and set off immediately for another 5 hours along the North coast of Scotland.

So, no pressure then.

Alternatively, enjoy your ride!

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• cycologist
    pneumatic wrote:
    If it was 1953 and you were Eileen Sheridan, .........!

I wasn't born untill 1954 !

Think I'll just enjoy the ride as you suggest.

Cheers !
  • pneumatic wrote:
    If it was 1953 and you were Eileen Sheridan, and you had a support car, you'd be in John O'Groats by Tuesday lunchtime. You would have slept for 15 minutes on Monday morning, 15 minutes on Monday evening and a whole 25 on Tuesday morning. Upon arrival, you decide to round the trip up to 1000 miles and set off immediately for another 5 hours along the North coast of Scotland.

So, no pressure then.

Alternatively, enjoy your ride!
    :?:
    so many cols,so little time!