xc cycling clubs in suffolk near bury st edmunds

Ben Hallinan
Ben Hallinan Posts: 25
edited September 2007 in XC and Enduro
i've been looking on loads of websites for xc clubs in suffolk near bury st edmunds but cant find any good ones.

oh and im only 14, so can any one help
There can only be one winner! But who cares?

Comments

• Dan67
    Dan67 Posts: 658
    West suffolk wheelers do some mountain biking i think
  • Great thanks il have a look
  • please anyone know of any other clubs
  • seb197
    seb197 Posts: 11
    where do you ride in Bury mate? Any good local tracks on the outskirts of the town?

Sorry, i don't know of any other MTB clubs apart form wheelers.
  • Is there anything at Thetford Forest - linked to the guys who do the Winter Race Series?

I live out in Ipswich and haven't really heard of any MTB clubs in Suffolk at all. In fact - finding a regular road bike ride is damn hard as well....
    Put me back on my bike...

t' blog: http://meandthemountain.wordpress.com/
  • stu89
    stu89 Posts: 12
    I live in Bury St Edmunds and ride most sundays mornings at Thetford/Brandon, welcome to come along, more the merrier. Group of about 5 of us and normally do anything from 15-25 miles and just started getting in shape for the 4 races of this years upcoming winter series!!!! NOT a chance in hell of getting any points by the way but its the taking part that counts..........
  • Hi ben its ber we could start our own regular xc bash in thetford every weekend. Its a great location cos theres loads of other things to do than just xc i know where there is a little freeridy area which has some small jumps to practice on/a sort of dh trail. also its not too much hard work. let me know if you find or join a club. see you friday.
  • ljay
    ljay Posts: 21
    For those of you who live over ipswich way check out TROGMTB.CO.UK
    Its a fairly new group jst started up who are trying to turn tunstrall ad rendlesham forest into more mtb friendly areas. they have about two group rides a week and there are loads of good trails in tunstall if you know where to look!!
  • http://timbermtb.org/

Based in Thetford, High Lodge. Check out the website. 15 quid a year membership.
  • Hi ben its ber we could start our own regular xc bash in thetford every weekend. Its a great location cos theres loads of other things to do than just xc i know where there is a little freeridy area which has some small jumps to practice on/a sort of dh trail. also its not too much hard work. let me know if you find or join a club. see you friday.

I missed that post originally. Where are these freeride and DH areas? I've been wondering for a while as I'd heard murmurs to the same effect. I also heard there might be a 4X track somewhere. True?
  • Dan67
    Dan67 Posts: 658
    milkywhite wrote:
    Hi ben its ber we could start our own regular xc bash in thetford every weekend. Its a great location cos theres loads of other things to do than just xc i know where there is a little freeridy area which has some small jumps to practice on/a sort of dh trail. also its not too much hard work. let me know if you find or join a club. see you friday.

I missed that post originally. Where are these freeride and DH areas? I've been wondering for a while as I'd heard murmurs to the same effect. I also heard there might be a 4X track somewhere. True?

Not so sure about 4x but the freeride is just before the end of the beast section as you go down the hill with the on the side of the trackbehind you. But they could also mean the huge bomb hole not on the blck route or howies run bombhole
  • But they could also mean the huge bomb hole not on the blck route or howies run bombhole

I could be wrong but i'm sure I read on a leaflet for Thetford once that there are 5 bombholes (somewhere in there!!).
    Put me back on my bike...

t' blog: http://meandthemountain.wordpress.com/