Replacing my Shimano Altus CT95 Rear Derailleur

Alex_hoodie
Alex_hoodie Posts: 16
edited August 2007 in MTB buying advice
I recently brought a Saracen Mantra 1 of ebay and i am in the process of refurbishing it.
i am having the frame powder coated and have therefore remove all the components.
the rear derailleur is showing signs of fatiuge at the point where it connects to the hanger.
i was wondering if any1 could suggest a suitable replacement for this part as they seem to be imposible to get hold of and i would prefer not to replace with the same, incase it is a common fault.
the top wheel on the derailleur has 13 teeth, the bottom has 15 teeth and the centres of the wheels/pullies are 65mm apart, is this info important and do i have to get an exact replacement?

Many thanks in advance.
Alex :roll:

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    edited August 2007
    alivio,deore any shimano rear mech will do.

just had a thought, are you going to use the cassette that was on it with the really big big cog? if yes you maybe sould keep looking for an altus mech.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • So it doesnt matter about the number of teeth on the pullies and the gap between them?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but i just like to make sure!!

Cheers

Alex
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    please see edit above.

and to answer your question not really unless you will be using the cassette.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • i have just found an altus on ebay for the grand amount of £8.99 BIN :lol:

Happy days
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Is it the same style though? As nick says, if the bike has a 34T cassette, some mechs may not clear it.