Eneco TT **Spoiler**

LangerDan
LangerDan Posts: 6,132
edited August 2007 in Pro race
Looks like the Eneco Tour will not take its place amongst the "monuments" of the sport :wink: . Roesseler wins the TT by 2 seconds from Gutierrez with Millar in fourth spot. Gutierrez takes the overall with Millar in second and Larssen (Unibet) in third. Young Dekker did not have a good day.
'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'

Comments

• yace
    yace Posts: 351
    It seems that I defend my title in PTP league :D.
    Last year I picked Schumacher and this year Gutierrez.
    Vive Eneco!!
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    Godamn. I thought Millar was a shoo-in for overall in that one! Is Gutierrez a renowned TTer?
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    Godamn. I thought Millar was a shoo-in for overall in that one! Is Gutierrez a renowned TTer?

isn't he the spanish TT champ?
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    bipedal wrote:

doh. Shows how much I know. :roll:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    bipedal wrote:

Yes, 3 times. Lots of TT wins in his palmares:

http://www.trap-friis.dk/cykling/spain. ... lacios.htm
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Was Gutierrez ever cleared in Puerto ?
  • Godamn. I thought Millar was a shoo-in for overall in that one! Is Gutierrez a renowned TTer?

Hi there.

I think he's still got a silver medal from the TT worlds... which is more than DM has these days.

Cheers, Andy
  • afx237vi
    cougie wrote:
    Was Gutierrez ever cleared in Puerto ?

Tut, tut. Gutierriez was never mentioned in Puerto. The one you are possibly thinking of is Jose Enrique Gutierrez, who rode for Phonak. Better known as the Buffalo, and last seen on the books of Team LPR (although I don't know if he's actually ridden many races for them).
  • Hi there.

Dave Millar leaps over a hundred places to number 46 in the pro tour rankings with his 2nd place.

Shame it comes too late to give team GB more places in the worlds RR.

Cheers, Andy

ps afx - quit procrastinating! I need to see the udpated PTP standings before I go to bed!
  • cougie
    Oops - I stand corrected ! Thanks for that !

Now Axel - is he Eddies son or younger brother ? ;-)
  • afx237vi
    Hi there.

ps afx - quit procrastinating! I need to see the udpated PTP standings before I go to bed!

Then check the frickin' thread! I posted it, like, 8 seconds ago, although it doesn't make for good reading (for me, at least).
  • afx237vi wrote:
    Hi there.

Then check the frickin' thread! I posted it, like, 8 seconds ago, although it doesn't make for good reading (for me, at least).

Sorry afx - just me being a fanny again!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi wrote:
    Hi there.

Understandable. This is, after all, a highly prestigious contest!
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Hi there.

Understandable. This is, after all, a highly prestigious contest!

A damn sight more prestigious than the ENECO tour!

Strava is not Zen.
  • cougie
    We wouldnt be saying that if Millar had won ! ;-)