RockShox Reba .. where have they gone !!!

wingergbr
wingergbr Posts: 10
edited August 2007 in MTB buying advice
Taken me a bit of time to firstly save up and then persuade the wife that a new set of forks is really really needed !
I had already decided on the RockShox Reba Team fork with poploc in diffusion silver .. now I have come to buy it i can't find any anywhere .. all the usual places have sold out and arent expecting any in soon ...

Can anyone help find one or even suggest a suitable alternative (£300 max) and HAVE to be silver :wink:

Cheers !!

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    How about the standard Reba Race or SL? About 30g heavier, and doesnt have the external floodgate adjuster, but thats all the difference.
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    edited August 2007
    I had the same problem with purchasing my PIKES. Every store (evans/cyclesurgery etc) near me didn't have any and couldn't get any, wiggle (at the time) had sold out and so had CRC/most of my other usual suppliers, in the end I managed to get a set from winstanleys bikes

Whats going on with RS's distribution in the UK at the moment? Strange... :?
  • supersonic
    New range about to be released, and the old stuff is great value.
  • Sure is - I managed to get my pikes for under 300 with poploc (which I didn't actually want) but for the price I thought what the hell, am going to use it though (poploc) as it may come in handy....

I just lock my fox's out on the fly - so will probably find myself reaching for the crown even with the poploc :lol:
  • supersonic wrote:
    New range about to be released, and the old stuff is great value.

Has anyone seen any of the new RS 08 stuff yet?
  • supersonic
    Yeah, seen a few glimpses. Most of it is going to be much the same, but with a new PushLoc system rather than poploc. The SID will be resissued in original colours and lowers, plus a new 32mm stanchioned XC fork with a hollow leg bottom!

12798.19619.f.jpg
  • oohhh nice - digging that retro look! :D

God, as soon as I buy something they bring another version of it out!!! :evil: (push/poploc)
  • Rightly or Wrongly ... Just gone and ordered some Reba Race 2008 .. :D

Thanks Supersonic.