Embarrasing photos??

jibi
jibi Posts: 857
edited September 2007 in Tour & expedition
A couple of years ago I was doing the 2 Towers, from Eiffel to Blackpool. I arrived at a friend's house at about 5 am near Oxford and not wanting to wake them up I crashed on the doorstep.

When he came out for the milk, he didn't wake me up but went and got his camera!!!

He has just sent this to me, he didn't have the bottle before!
so please help me to feel better and post worse photos

thanks

george

milkman.JPG

Comments

• Hairy Jock
    Hairy Jock Posts: 558
    Sorry don't have a worse one than that...
    Best advice I ever got was "better get a bike then"
    Cycle commuting since 1994. Blog with cycle bits.
    Also with the old C+ crowd at Cycle Chat.
  • mtb.boy
    mtb.boy Posts: 208
    *sarcasm*
    Did you take the seat with you on your travels for use as a pillow?

Suppose if you have a recumberant it could be your bike seat?
    The first rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is.

The second rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is !!!!
  • xilios
    xilios Posts: 170
    That picture is difficult to beat :lol:
  • daviddd
    daviddd Posts: 637
    Lucky it wasn't bin day eh?
    Oct 2007 to Sep 2008 - anticlockwise lap of Australia... http://www.davidddinoz.blogspot.com/
    French Alps Tour 2006: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=r ... =1914&v=5R
    3 month tour of NZ 2015... http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/nz2014
  • sloe
    sloe Posts: 17
    That trail of drool.....
  • Pagem
    Pagem Posts: 244
    jibi wrote:
    A couple of years ago I was doing the 2 Towers, from Eiffel to Blackpool. I arrived at a friend's house at about 5 am near Oxford and not wanting to wake them up I crashed on the doorstep.

When he came out for the milk, he didn't wake me up but went and got his camera!!!

He has just sent this to me, he didn't have the bottle before!
    so please help me to feel better and post worse photos

thanks

george

milkman.JPG

without meaning to sounding rude, how old are you? that nights sleep with nothing but a manky sleeping bag and half a wooden chair? for comfort seem to have put years on you!
    Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.
  • adifiddler
    adifiddler Posts: 113
    I cant stop laughing at that image. You put all that thought and effort into improvising a pillow yet you have chosen what looks to be the most uncomfortable spot to sleep. All i can think of was that you were deleriase from tiredness and just crashed.

Although i have loads of images of me i numerus embarrassing situations i am sorry to say i have nothing that tops that.

But seriously, respect to you, i do a lot of wild camping and have stepped in some amazing places its great to see you just got on with it, with the minimum of fuss and none of the frills of the modern camper.

I think you have just planted a seed in my head and encouraged me to try tramping by bike, nothing new i know but something i have never thought about doing.
    No 1 fan in the jonesy124 Fan Club
  • jibi
    The Two Towers

I had left Paris the previous morning and cycled to Le Havre , ferry to Portsmouth, then cycled up to Abingdon- just south of Oxford- I was so tired,, but it was only about 5 am when I arrived at Steve's house so didn't want to wake him that early. It was in a quiet cul-de-sac, and hidden by the two cars ( why were they locked I could have crashed in one of them )

Only aged about 55 in the photo, and the sleeping bag was a bit manky, true.

I am glad no-one has a photo of where I slept the next might :D
    It was under some tables at a truck stop at Whitchurch on the A49.

Maybe I should have called the thread " Crazy places to sleep"
    then I may have got some pictorial replies.
    I am still hoping people :lol:
    george
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    Did anyone give you 20p for a cup of tea? If not, it might have helped to have taken along a depressed looking dog on a piece of string.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• adifiddler
    adifiddler Posts: 113
    Ill see if i can find some of my old photos and scan them in.

I have slept under the loading bucket of a jcb, drainage pipes under roads, under bridges and on the back of one of those oar freight train carriages nothing to unusual.
    No 1 fan in the jonesy124 Fan Club
  • Check out the pink shoes....

OutdoorShowerRich4small.JPG
    Latin America & Africa by VW www.vwvagabonds.com

Asia by Recycled Bicycle www.vwvagabonds.com/Bike/BikeHome.html
  • mr_hippo
    mr_hippo Posts: 1,051
    [quote="jibi"
    I am glad no-one has a photo of where I slept the next might :D
    It was under some tables at a truck stop at Whitchurch on the A49.
    george[/quote]

Was that the truck stop at Press Heath?
    I've no photo of an incident that happened years ago with our club but most of us were doubled up with laughter!
    They used to write your order down, give you the tear-off numbered slip and call your number out when it was ready. A young blond waitress, (Oh, the sweet innocence of youth!) with plate in hand called out "69, who wants 69?" You can just imagine what the lad's reaction was! Ethel (not her real name), one of our more mature females who was not too bright said "I like a 69" When she was asked did she know what it was she said "Of course I do, It's an ice cream with a flake in it!"
  • figleaf11yk8.th.jpg

:):):)

outdoor shower in a camp site near to inverness
    fort william to inverness off road 2 days this was th end of day 2
    i really needed a shower as i was really smelly

amazingly enough it wasnt that cold
  • nasz
    nasz Posts: 88
    When we were cycling from London to Sydney in 2005/6, my girlfriend got a photo of be with my bib-shorts around my ankles in the bushes. You can't see anything really, apart from the look of shock on my face! Needless to say, very embarrassing, though very amusing to my girlfriend!!
    ________o
    _____~\<,_
    ____(_)/ (_)
    Lunicus Cycle Club - LCC - Train hard, ride easy...
    www.lunicuscc.co.uk
    www.nutsonbents.com - London to Sydney on Recumbents 2005/6
  • jibi
    stevercp wrote:

amazingly enough it wasnt that cold

Crocs, now they are embarrassing. :D

thank you

george
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    Time to up the ante a bit. I was going to hide this forever, but what the hell - I'll never meet any of you lot.

You hope!

camping.jpg
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>