Richmond to windsor

Steveaps
Steveaps Posts: 36
Hi everyome, Has anyone done the Richmond to windsor bike events charity ride, if so has anybody got any details of the route.
Am doing it 2nd Sept 07

Thanks
Steveaps

Comments

• Mr P
    Mr P Posts: 548
    I did it a couple of years ago, and will be doing it again this year. Route is a bit hazy but goes a bit like this (you'll need to get your big AtoZ out)........

Richmond Green, towards Richmond Bridge, but I think you stay on the south bank of the river taking the towpath and then some roads, and over at Teddington Lock (although this IS the hazy part, so I could just be making it up!).A308 Hampton Court Road, (another hazy bit) L onto Lower Sunbury Road, straight on to B375.
    Divert S into Shepperton (water stop) and back up to B375 and into Chertsey.
    Out via Pyrcroft Road and up St Ann's Hill (or maybe Ruxbury Road?), Almners Road, thru Lyne, near Foxhills Golfcourse, Stonehill Road/Gracious Pond Road/Red Lion Road (tea stop) then R onto Windsor Road heading N.
    R onto Chertsey Road (B386), straight on Chobham Lane/Trumpsgreen Road, L onto Wellington Avenue, over the roundabout and along Callow Hill.
    Cross A30 and into Englefield Green (where I live) and stop for a beer on the green (I've failed to persuade Mrs P to meet us there with a barrel of Pimms and lemonade).
    Bishopsgate Road, Crimp Hill (past Elton John's house) to Old Windsor, B3021 towards Datchet and follow B470 into Windsor.

...or something like that. A nice ride out especially once you get out of London, with 2 or 3 steep but short hills. Well signposted and marshalled. Bar and entertainment at the end.

I'll probably be wearing an AtoZ design jersey and be riding either a yellow/blue carbon bike or (more likely, if I can be bothered to change the rear cog and put on a bottle cage) a grey Pearson fixed gear.
    Say hello if we bump into one another!
  • Steveaps
    Steveaps Posts: 36
    thanks Mr P, i will be riding with my son on a giant SCR3 and he will be riding a Carrera Gryphon may see u sunday.
    Steveaps
  • Mr P
    Mr P Posts: 548
    I'll keep an eye out for you both....I've just changed cogs tonight and I'll give one of the hills a go tomorrow before I make the decision on fixed or geared.
    Have fun, whether we meet or not!