Broken Foot

thunderchild
thunderchild Posts: 15
edited August 2007 in Health, fitness & training
In need so advice , after breaking my foot at work what is the best way to get back to full fitness. The break was clean but I do have an infection in it, the foot was all so churshed (I HAD ALL MOST 3 TONS DROPPED ON IT). :cry:

Comments

• Pagem
    Pagem Posts: 244
    In need so advice , after breaking my foot at work what is the best way to get back to full fitness. The break was clean but I do have an infection in it, the foot was all so churshed (I HAD ALL MOST 3 TONS DROPPED ON IT). :cry:

presumably you are having physiotherapy? these people would be the best to ask.

if it's an open wound you suffered or was created surgically to fix the fractures (either is prob why you got an infection) then you would not be advised to even make it to the pool unitl the skin has fully healed.

what bones did you fracture?
    Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.
  • Have not any physiotherapy, they want the wond to heal first. As to the broken bones it was the 2nd and 3rd metarsal Thanks
  • Pagem
    Pagem Posts: 244
    the good news is metatarsals heal quickly. the bad news is this will be delayed by infection and the type of fracture incurred. sounds like yours might be a little bit nasty.

i wouldn't even think about training at the moment.
    Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.