Broken Kryptonite New York Lock

vinylmonkey
vinylmonkey Posts: 54
edited August 2007 in Commuting chat
Hi all,

Not sure if its the right place to post. My Krpto New York lock has been playing up and today it stopped working completely. i can turn the key fully but the mechanism doesn't seem to move and the U metal bit just stays in there. I've managed to take the U metal bit out and can see that turning the key has no impact on the lock.

I keep forgetting to lube it, but will it make any difference to the mechanism?

luckily for me i had a second lock in my bag, but it only cost £5 so i'm hoping that no one notices......

any ideas as to how i can fix it or get it replaced???

thanks in advance

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    i would take it back to a a kryptonite dealer as it doers sound like something has fallen to bits.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Thanks but searching the internet has left with no idea as to who to call/get in contact with.

I cannot see who the dealers are, or are you referring to the actual shop i bought it from? unforunately, it has been a while since i bought and i dont think i have the receipt for it anymore.
  • overmars
    overmars Posts: 430
    Ask the shop anyway. They'll know who the dealers are and can put you in touch with them.