Keirin in Japan - anyone been?

lanterne-rouge
lanterne-rouge Posts: 76
edited August 2007 in Pro race
I'm off to Japan (Tokyo) in October and would like to go to see some keirin whilst I'm there. Sadly I can't find anything in English about it on the web in terms of meetings/venues etc.
Using google translate on the official japanese site threw up stuff like:
"As for the one which is not experience of bicycle competition, trying hitting the gate of love meeting first?".
So if anybody has been or can point me towards a fixture list or something, thanks in advance. Failing this I will try hitting the gate of love meeting.
Punctured Bicycle, on a hillside desolate.

Comments

• moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    I
    So if anybody has been or can point me towards a fixture list or something, thanks in advance. Failing this I will try hitting the gate of love meeting.

If you do have to hit the gate of love meeting mind and let us know how it goes :-)

cheers
    MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Thanks - nothing about 2007 meetings, but enjoyed the Chris Hoy website anyway!
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    A long shot - in the old C+ days, one of the senior members went under the user-name of "Flying Monkey" - he has spent some time in Japan. He may still be over on the Cyclechat forum. If you posted / pinged him over there, perhaps he could point you in the right direction. He has a fairly encylopedic knowledge of, well, everything really.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Cheers, will give that a whirl.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    edited August 2007
    A thread on this website suggested that it had been Keirin Fest 2007 has been cancelled...not that I've heard of it if I'm honest.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Try the Japanese Tourist Organisation/Board. If you are really stuck the London Embassy will point you in the direction of an appropriate tourism source.

Definately sort this out before you go. Don't rely on asking around when you get there, the level of spoken English is poor & communication problematic. Have clear directions too as street names can be an issue.

Japan is a great place to visit - enjoy.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.