Where to try/buy sunglasses?

carbonbasedlifeform
edited August 2007 in Workshop
Hi...

I'm looking to get a good pair of road/sport sunglasses, but the ranges in LBSs tend to be quite limited. The ranges online of course are enormous (e.g. Parker or Wiggle), but my non-standard head means that I need to try the things on.

What do other people do/recommend? I'm in the London area - is there anywhere with a really good range in-store?

Cheers...

Comments

• giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Condor cycles have a good range in their glass cabinet in the shop where i am sure you can try before you buy.
  • If you want a wide range of glasses to try then don't forget that Evans have several shops in the "London area". I live 20 miles north of Marble Arch so don't consider myself London area but know a short cut to Evans in Hendon.

Evans get a lot of criticism for their staff but if you are capable of making your own choice then give them a try. You can always walk out again.
  • Massimo
    Massimo Posts: 318
    Try some opticians...I don't mean Specsavers or Boots but the smaller independant 'boutique' type. Many brands of 'sports' eyewear are made by exactly the same companies that make 'normal' spectacles so you should be able to get your hands on adidas, nike, oakley, bolle, rudy project etc and even the more obscure/exclusive llike tag heuer. I needed a pair of prescription oakleys and ended up getting them from Scrivens Opticians in Eastbourne :wink:
    Crash 'n Burn, Peel 'n Chew
    FCN: 2