Plot & Profile your route

bikeroute440
bikeroute440 Posts: 4
Hello all,

I've created a website where you can plot your rides onto 'Google Maps' and get an instantaneous route profile.

http://bikeroute440.5gbfree.com

If you own a Garmin Edge, you can then download your route as a .tcx file

Hope you find it useful, even if you don't own an Edge, you can see what hills you've got on your ride !

Your comments/problems most welcome

Kerry

br1.jpg

Comments

• when I click on new nothing happens,

is it me?
    climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber.
  • mossycp
    mossycp Posts: 233
    Errrm. I need Firefox to connect to the site. I don't have Firefox at work. Probably not wise to limit your site to just Firefox users. Don't Bikely and MapmyRide amongst others, do this already? I'm sure it's a good site for those with Firefox though!
    Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way {Dr Seus}
  • when I click on new nothing happens,

is it me?

What's the browser you are using ?
  • mossycp wrote:
    Errrm. I need Firefox to connect to the site. I don't have Firefox at work. Probably not wise to limit your site to just Firefox users. Don't Bikely and MapmyRide amongst others, do this already? I'm sure it's a good site for those with Firefox though!

Unfortunately it's difficult to try an accomodate for all web browsers out there. Each browser varies in how it works with javascript/graphics and it while I could spend alot of time ensuring all browsers will work with it, that would then detract from being able to add features/removing errors.

I made the decision to support Firefox alone because it natively supports SVG graphics.. that is to say you don't have to mess around with plug-ins and the like.

Sorry you can't get get to look at my site, but the sooner Microsoft complies with laid down standards, the easier it becomes for anyone trying to make a website.

Kerry
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    I can't try the site because I prefer I.E. over Firefox, so I'll stick with http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

:roll:
  • Thank you - its brilliant!
    Have just spent the last hour plotting some favourite rides just so I can impress myself with the climbing I've done.
    We are looking into GPS for the bike, so coming across this "by accident" is a real bonus too.
    Thanks again
    Caz 8)
  • Akuma
    Akuma Posts: 22
    Awesome work :)
  • saif
    saif Posts: 100
    this is fantastic , I don't have garmin , can I still save my routes on my laptap ( Apple Mac ) ?

thanks for sharing this.