My first big tour...

murcof
murcof Posts: 30
edited August 2007 in Tour & expedition
So I'm off on my month long tour in two weeks and thought I would make everyone here jealous by letting them all know about it. :wink:

I fly to Slovenia, ride over the Vrsic in the Julian Alps, into Northern Italy, accross to the Dolomites where I plan for some special climbs. Then I head north into Austria because my friend who is along for the first two weeks is flying out of Innsbruck. Now I'm solo and ride back into Italy, over the Stelvio into Switzerland, over the Fluelapass, through Switzerland and accross northern France (this part not quite yet planned) to Calais where upon my tour endeth.

This is my first ever tour, I'm fully loaded and I can't wait to go. I thought I would let all the die hard tour junkies here know in the hope that I might get some welcome encouragment - I need it!

Comments

• deafie
    deafie Posts: 4
    You have too much gear!
  • xilios
    xilios Posts: 170
    Hey good luck on your tour, I would love to do the stelvio one day, I've seen some pics and it looks like a real tough climb.
  • murcof wrote:
    So I'm off on my month long tour in two weeks and thought I would make everyone here jealous by letting them all know about it. :wink:

I fly to Slovenia, ride over the Vrsic in the Julian Alps, into Northern Italy, accross to the Dolomites where I plan for some special climbs. Then I head north into Austria because my friend who is along for the first two weeks is flying out of Innsbruck. Now I'm solo and ride back into Italy, over the Stelvio into Switzerland, over the Fluelapass, through Switzerland and accross northern France (this part not quite yet planned) to Calais where upon my tour endeth.

This is my first ever tour, I'm fully loaded and I can't wait to go. I thought I would let all the die hard tour junkies here know in the hope that I might get some welcome encouragment - I need it!

Have a wonderful time! We have done quite a lot of the same territory. Definitely spend a couple days around Kobarid in Slovenia, soaking in the Soca river in all its beauty. The Via Claudia is an excellent way into Austria and back again. We saw the Stelvio but didn't have time to tackle it this time round. Let us know how it goes!
    Round the world on our bicycles -- www.travellingtwo.com
  • Definitely spend a couple days around Kobarid in Slovenia, soaking in the Soca river in all its beauty.

Agreed. Bovec is quite a centre for watersports & caving-type activities.
    I was there 4 years ago, when unfortunately the heatwave & resulting low water levels meant the river raft kept getting stuck!
    Just down the road on the Soca you've got Kanal, which is actually a more idyllic 'beach' location than Slovenia's real coastline.
  • jibi
    jibi Posts: 857
    deafie wrote:
    You have too much gear!

Have a great trip Murcof.

george