Halfords Service Plan

dcp1975
dcp1975 Posts: 739
edited August 2007 in MTB beginners
Is this worth getting? £15 for 12 months....any thoughts?

Comments

• nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    i have 3 yrs for price of 2. defo worth it coz their labour charges can be horrendous. i saved more than the price of the plan in just 2 visits. with the plan you only pay for parts. the only thing is that when using halfords you have to deal with their (in my experience) rubbish customer service and sometimes poor workmanship
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • cybug
    cybug Posts: 2
    nonnac85 wrote:
    when using halfords you have to deal with their (in my experience) rubbish customer service and sometimes poor workmanship

I agree. Try and find (ask around) a small family run local bike shop. You may have to pay a little more but it will save you money in the long run and you'll be safer! Can you really expect a decent service for £12 - £15 a year? Pay peanuts etc.......
  • brasso
    brasso Posts: 203
    I Agreed with cybug.

However if you have a good halford's, yes it is possible it might be ok. Trouble is most are pretty poor on the customer service front.
    '08 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    '04 Allez Sport

When we wake up in the morning, we have two simple choices. Go back to sleep and dream, or RIDE.

The choice is yours...
  • see my thread in General section, AVOID Halfords
    Where'd that bloody Deer appear from?

My Bike plus Cannock Chase: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8222097@N03/492524919/